Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:29 PM

989 posts, read 2,761,464 times

Advertisements

If a public school allowed the formation of a Caucasian Club, who would get to join?

My vote would be to only allow Armenians, Southern Russians, Georgians, and others who actually are from the Caucus mountains region.

As an Armenian friend of mine said... She is a true Caucasian while I am just a white guy from Western European ancestors.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:46 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,551,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo View Post
If a public school allowed the formation of a Caucasian Club, who would get to join?

My vote would be to only allow Armenians, Southern Russians, Georgians, and others who actually are from the Caucus mountains region.

As an Armenian friend of mine said... She is a true Caucasian while I am just a white guy from Western European ancestors.
Your friend is quite correct. Such is the surreal, delicate politically-correct world of modern-day ethnic labels---in which-

*Indians, Whites, Blacks, Asians, and mixtures thereof, from south of the US, are "Hispanics"---but the people of Spain are "White Europeans"

*Some of the same people mentioned above are also "latinos"---but Italians are not (though Italy was the original home of Latin)

*Whites born in Anchorage are not "native Alaskans", but Aleuts born in Seattle ARE....

*People who have one identifiable African ancestor, and twelve white ones, are "black".....

*Americans whose ancestors came from Italy, Ireland, Germany, Greece, or Lithuania are "anglos"....

*The large majority of Americans were born here, yet "we are all immigrants"..

Old 10-14-2007, 10:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
'Better' yet:

In Russia; a Caucasian is a dark skinned person from the Caucasus-------they are not considered to be 'White'. The former actually resemble Mestizos.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Your friend is quite correct. Such is the surreal, delicate politically-correct world of modern-day ethnic labels---in which-

*Indians, Whites, Blacks, Asians, and mixtures thereof, from south of the US, are "Hispanics"---but the people of Spain are "White Europeans"

*Some of the same people mentioned above are also "latinos"---but Italians are not (though Italy was the original home of Latin)

*Whites born in Anchorage are not "native Alaskans", but Aleuts born in Seattle ARE....

*People who have one identifiable African ancestor, and twelve white ones, are "black".....

*Americans whose ancestors came from Italy, Ireland, Germany, Greece, or Lithuania are "anglos"....

*The large majority of Americans were born here, yet "we are all immigrants"..
And ironically, most of the folks in the "true Caucasian" group are (very roughly) closer in appearance to Middle Easterners or Mexicans than "white folks". Darker skin and black hair are almost standard (with a few exceptions of course).

Old 10-14-2007, 11:00 PM

158 posts, read 445,998 times
Default Caucasian Is Not A Race!

First of all. Caucasian is not a race. As was stated earlier, Caucasians are the people from the Caucasus area of Eurasia. They are White. There's 2 branches of the White race. One is the Nordic (Japhetic) and the other is the Mediterranean (Semitic). Both are White. Nordics are naturally fairer complected and lighter haired and eyed, but Mediterranean Whites are not really that dark skinned if they're pure Mediterranean that is. True, they are a bit darker, but still closer to Nordic White than to Black! Mixtures of Nordics and Mediterraneans produced the White peoples between the Nordic and Mediterranean. Some examples of Mediterranean Whites would be Saddam Hussein, Tony Shalhoub, Jamie Farr, Ralph Nader, Casey Kasem, and Danny Thomas. All are clearly White! They can tan very easily though in the sun. One does not have to be Nordic to be White.

Another thing. White and Black are races. Indian, Asian, African, Native American, Hispanic, Latino, Arab, Middle Easterner, etc., etc., ARE NOT RACES!!! They are either countries, continents, regions, areas, languages, cultures, and ethnicities, but they ARE NOT RACES!!!

Thank you.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida southerner 3 View Post
First of all. Caucasian is not a race. As was stated earlier, Caucasians are the people from the Caucasus area of Eurasia. They are White. There's 2 branches of the White race. One is the Nordic (Japhetic) and the other is the Mediterranean (Semitic). Both are White. Nordics are naturally fairer complected and lighter haired and eyed, but Mediterranean Whites are not really that dark skinned if they're pure Mediterranean that is. True, they are a bit darker, but still closer to Nordic White than to Black! Mixtures of Nordics and Mediterraneans produced the White peoples between the Nordic and Mediterranean. Some examples of Mediterranean Whites would be Saddam Hussein, Tony Shalhoub, Jamie Farr, Ralph Nader, Casey Kasem, and Danny Thomas. All are clearly White! They can tan very easily though in the sun. One does not have to be Nordic to be White.

Another thing. White and Black are races. Indian, Asian, African, Native American, Hispanic, Latino, Arab, Middle Easterner, etc., etc., ARE NOT RACES!!! They are either countries, continents, regions, areas, languages, cultures, and ethnicities, but they ARE NOT RACES!!!

Thank you.
I don't think anyone would have thought Saddam was what came to mind when they heard "white".

Also, everything is an ethnicity...there really is only one race, the Human Race. Everything else was (I believe) created by social Darwinists to justify why white men were superior. Ever hear the term "Mongoloid Idiot"? Mongoloid is a term for people who are Asian, and was used by those racists to explain mental retardation in other groups.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:24 AM

44 posts, read 35,654 times
It disturbs me how wrong most of you are. The term Caucasian refers to the proto-Europeans who first crossed the Caucus mountains and settled Europe. It's as simple as that. In fact, there was once a plaque in the Caucus area that stated something like "The first Europeans crossed through this mountain pass" or something to that effect.

Caucasians cannot look like Mestizos because Caucasians do not have particularly high cheekbones and epicanthic folds.

There are four basic types of Caucasians: Mediterranean, Alpine, Nordic, and Slavic. Many Mediterraneans, particularly on the North side of the Mediterranean, are not Semitic, as Semitic implies a partial Asian admixture. For example, Sean Connery is a non-Semitic Mediterranean.

Aren't they teaching you kids any of this in school these days?!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:51 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDARE Reader View Post

Nope.

Hence the pervasive problem discussing race honestly and openly.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:17 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,473,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDARE Reader View Post
nope. I just got out of college, and they definitely avoided the subject of race.

In high school, they taught us that there were four races:
Australoid
Mongoloid
Caucasoid
Negroid

and that each of those had a variety of ethnicities. but they also taught us that this was just one way of describing genetic origin. literally, that is everything academic that I learned about race in my 18 years of schooling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo
Also, everything is an ethnicity...there really is only one race, the Human Race.
No, I disagree. Humans are a species, not a race. A race is a subgroup within a species. The term "The Human Race" is a misnomer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evlevo
Everything else was (I believe) created by social Darwinists to justify why white men were superior. Ever hear the term "Mongoloid Idiot"? Mongoloid is a term for people who are Asian, and was used by those racists to explain mental retardation in other groups.
That's a pretty wild allegation. Why do you think that racial classification reflects some sort of white supremacy? In what way does it advocate the supremacy of caucasians over other groups?

Last edited by anonymous; 10-15-2007 at 06:32 AM..

Old 10-15-2007, 06:34 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,625,985 times
I am not caucasian. I am a WHITE AMERICAN. That is what I am identified as by the average person on the street, and I don't care to get into the nitty gritty of history as it does nothing to change the fact that I am perceived as a white American. I know my basic roots and really don't care if other people recognize them or not. Most would not know I'm 1/8 native American, and I really can't see how they would care. I do mark native American on forms that I fill out as no one really has a right to say otherwise how I should perceive myself, and plus it helps fill in the numbers for the other 7 people out there who are 1/8 native American and just mark caucasian only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies