Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Classic" *******ian headinthesandicus syndrome.
Are you trying to tell me Obama isn't the Executive Branch? That would be news to me....or poor conservative logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 02:28 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
He isn't. He's working to dismantle the structure and to do that all he has to do is keep a stalemate going....which he'll blame the republicans for....

Old 12-05-2012, 02:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,700,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have been doing some reading today about a new memo that good old Barack put out last Friday. You know the favorite day for things like that and have to come to wonder if this one will have the desired effect on whistleblowers. Here are two pretty good reads that may make most of you wonder about just what that memo is about and why is should be made public by someone, maybe the MSM. Yes, both of these sources are blogs but where else do we learn about things like this? Even Fox hasn't mentioned this memo.

Daily Kos: White House "Insider Threat" Memo Will Silence Whistleblowers

NoisyRoom.net » Blog Archive » Policing the Schutzstaffel
The Daily Kos entry is dated Nov. 27 - that was a Tuesday. According to the link within, it says that the memo was released on Nov. 21, that was a Wednesday. In fairness, it was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but still not Friday.
Perhaps there was another memo released last Friday?

Anyhoo...
The memo the president released was fairly vague, and seems to deal mainly with inter-agency threats. I'm wondering if it doesn't relate in some way to the shenanigans perpetrated by the former head of the CIA and his paramour. For example:

"The Minimum Standards provide departments and agencies with the minimum elements necessary to establish effective insider threat programs. These elements include the capability to gather, integrate, and centrally analyze and respond to key threat-related information; monitor employee use of classified networks; provide the workforce with insider threat awareness training; and protect the civil liberties and privacy of all personnel."

http://www.fas.org/sgp/obama/nitp.pdf

Interestingly, on the same day that the Daily Kos blog post appeared, the president also did this:

President signs whistle-blower bill for US workers

Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
By being the President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Roy, the president is the Executive branch....every president controls that branch.
Quote:
I did, "how is Obama working to control the Executive Branch?"

Simple, the president is the Executive Branch. done and done.

iseenothing.avi - YouTube

Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Well, to be fair, the con-men and con-women have already forgotten that The President IS in-charge of the Executive Branch. After all, they had Bush in office, who was merely a puppet. Then came McCain and Romney not to take charge of the Executive Branch, but to be the tools for someone else to be in-charge.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
By being the President.
Did you read the memo he put out Friday? I can't see anything in your reply that says a lot about what he said in the memo. Maybe you could read the Kos link.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Roy, the president is the Executive branch....every president controls that branch.
Another leaner has failed to read the memo and what it seems he wants to do with it. I don't think that many of our earlier Presidents have threatened whistleblowers like this so maybe you are trying too hard to protect I Won.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Isnt it funny how the standard libbies absolutely refuse to see the chilling effects traits of our Leninist in Chief.

One of the links is even from the Daily Kossack. LOL
The best part of this is that in that one from Kos the writer fails to stand up for old I Won.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
I think it is funny that the OP doesn't understand our three branches of government which is clearly obvious in the title of this thread. Good to see you glossed over that fact to make some pointless communist remark.
Maybe if you bothered to read either of those links you would see that I Won has put out a memo to the whole branch that whistle blowers can expect to be punished soundly. Of course, none of that could have anything to do with Benghazi, Fast and Furious or any of the other scandals of his first term. Read something and then come poking around.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
Isn't Obama already controlling the executive branch?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies