Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 10:59 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Millions enjoyed this film.

Most people were in direct relation to him & have known him. Some were things he has written. You don't call that facts?

What do you consider oscar worthy?

Most of the people were not in direct relation to him. Watch the movie again. It takes facts and then draws conclusion from them. Do you understand the difference?

That doesn't mean it should not get a nod. I only mention it because you claim the truth is what angers people. If it is the facts you are referring to, those would not really be offensive, it is the conclusions he draws from the facts that make it so.

I don't find it offensive, I actually found it refreshing in some ways. It simply seeks to explain the motives(opinion) behind the actions(fact)

I'm on your side here and don't think it should be snubbed for being too right wing.

I am not an elitist snob who is a member of the Academy. I tried to watch the Artist and it was terrible, terrible.

I don't think this film was all that bad, it probably got snubbed because it does not jive with the liberal mentality of Hollywood, that's a no-brainer. I've not seen the other films so can't comment.

The movie did so well because it was an election year. That's why they released it when they did. Try releasing it in 2014 and see what it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I'm sure there were better documentaries and that's why it isn't nominated. It's not just about "what I like to hear", it's about film making and all that goes into it. Many movies I've liked haven't even been considered and I accept that.

I still love the Academy Awards and go to an Oscar party every year.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:03 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Be honest now.
You are asking a lot. Too much in fact.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
I never heard of "2016: Obama's America", just sayin'...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:06 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Most of the people were not in direct relation to him. Watch the movie again. It takes facts and then draws conclusion from them. Do you understand the difference?

That doesn't mean it should not get a nod. I only mention it because you claim the truth is what angers people. If it is the facts you are referring to, those would not really be offensive, it is the conclusions he draws from the facts that make it so.

I don't find it offensive, I actually found it refreshing in some ways. It simply seeks to explain the motives(opinion) behind the actions(fact)

I'm on your side here and don't think it should be snubbed for being too right wing.

I am not an elitist snob who is a member of the Academy. I tried to watch the Artist and it was terrible, terrible.

I don't think this film was all that bad, it probably got snubbed because it does not jive with the liberal mentality of Hollywood, that's a no-brainer. I've not seen the other films so can't comment.

The movie did so well because it was an election year. That's why they released it when they did. Try releasing it in 2014 and see what it does.

It still did well at the box office.

The director interviewed people who he was in contact with. He also made comparisons, written statements, news reports of certain affiliations he had with groups, church etc...

Old 12-06-2012, 11:15 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Telling the truth is not allowed in Hollywood.
SMH...typical conservative. Can't make up your minds.

Do you hate Hollywood or not? If you do, then stop looking for their goddamn affirmation and praise for your work. They're not going to promote people that are anti Hollywood ....that's preposterous. They aren't stupid.

Either play their game, or stop crying. They're not under any obligation to reward anti Hollywood conservatives. Please. Don't play the victim.

I swear, conservatives live in an alternate universe. Total fantasyland.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:17 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Expendables 2 did well in the box office. No oscar nod.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:18 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
It would probably be up for a few Razzies if they had a category for Worst Documentary.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,664,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Expendables 2 did well in the box office. No oscar nod.
Amongst others in its class?

Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Amongst others in its class?
It's up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies