Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
He does lace the vid with offensive terms, but if you distill the message, He's got some good points, points that should and need to be addressed.
Ask yourself this. Why else would he use such offensive terms towards Black people if not out of some hatred?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 09:45 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, he called Black people "savages", "monkeys", and "slaves". Sounds like self hatred to me. He could have conveyed his messages without calling Black people all of those names.
While I found myself agreeing with his basic message, I am inclined to agree with you there. He a well-spoken man who obviously has a lot to say, he should figure out that he would be taken more seriously without that.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:47 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
It's not disliking President Obama I have a problem. It is him referring to Black people as "savages" that I have a problem. He is referring to us as "slaves" and "monkeys". That is why I dismiss this person. Using that kind of language will do nothing but alienate Black people.
So you really think that his use of the word savage in this case is so very wrong? I didn't care for that word by him but I did see too much that appeared right in all that he said. I really wonder if he will alienate more than he awakens with his words.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
While I found myself agreeing with his basic message, I am inclined to agree with you there. He a well-spoken man who obviously has a lot to say, he should figure out that he would be taken more seriously without that.
I feel like he hates his own ethnicity. If he disagreed with President Obama and his policies, I feel like he could have said it in a more diplomatic, respectful way. He didn't need to go and call Black people all of those names. Was there not any other way for him to say what he wanted to say? Is he filled with that much hatred for his own ethnicity? What do you think?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Ask yourself this. Why else would he use such offensive terms towards Black people if not out of some hatred?
Seems fairly obvious to me. Out of a desire to be provocative to get attention to what he has to say and also out of a desire to clearly delineate between himself and what sort of people he is referring to despite them sharing skin color. No different than when white liberals make disparaging remarks about rednecks.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So you really think that his use of the word savage in this case is so very wrong? I didn't care for that word by him but I did see too much that appeared right in all that he said. I really wonder if he will alienate more than he awakens with his words.
The very minute someone calls me a savage, the conversation ends right there. I don't take crap from anyone. And then he goes on to call Black people monkeys and slaves. If someone was talking to me like that, I stop listening. The only think that will do is make me furious.

If he had a message he wanted to get across, he could have done so without the inflammatory words.

Old 12-06-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Seems fairly obvious to me. Out of a desire to be provocative to get attention to what he has to say and also out of a desire to clearly delineate between himself and what sort of people he is referring to despite them sharing skin color. No different than when white liberals make disparaging remarks about rednecks.
When it comes to "rednecks" that refers to a certain subculture of Southern Whites. It isn't about all White people. When it comes to calling people "monkey" or "savage", these are terms used to disparage all Black people.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:04 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,442 times
People seem to be foggy about what is racist. Here someone is hatefully putting people down because of their race, something they had no control of at birth, regardless of his own self hatred. That fits my definition of racism.

However, disagreement with the way a certain group tends to relate to you is not necessarily racist. But it could be a symptom of something just as common in America: Predjudice.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Quote:
I feel like he hates his own ethnicity. If he disagreed with President Obama and his policies, I feel like he could have said it in a more diplomatic, respectful way. He didn't need to go and call Black people all of those names. Was there not any other way for him to say what he wanted to say? Is he filled with that much hatred for his own ethnicity? What do you think?
I think he's a pissed off man in general, but this was just one particular diatribe. I do believe this guy has many youtube videos ranting and raving about other things, also.

Does he make some valid point? Yes. But he could be taken more seriously without so much hatred.

Old 12-06-2012, 10:08 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Actually, he called Black people "savages", "monkeys", and "slaves". Sounds like self hatred to me. He could have conveyed his messages without calling Black people all of those names.
Yes, he could have. If he is so certain and proud of his beliefs, why hide behind a Polo knit cap and giant sunglasses? Why use the antiquated term "Negro?" Some people will do anything for money. If you can get people to rent their bodies for an hour or two, why not find someone willing to read a script for a couple of hundred bucks? Just another internet b.s. video, made by someone with an unsavory agenda. Seriously..."I saw it on the internet, so it must be true." People are sooo gullible. He isn't a racist as much as he is a bad actor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies