Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 05:58 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,431,123 times

Advertisements

Some really sick people on here who dont give a ratzmatazz about the [unarmed] victim's family grief, rooting for this cold-blooded murder, as if you're supposed to come out ahead when you kill someone and lie that it was "self defense" to avoid punishment. Really sick... smh.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:22 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southking500 View Post
Not intimidated just aware that truly disinterested parties usually don't become full time advocates in legal cases. And the goal isn't necessarily to influence the jury directly but the all important news media. Today's lazy journalists spend a lot of time online doing Google searches etc. The criminal case is a prelude to the main attraction: the multimillion dollar lawsuits to follow.
Sorry but it just isn't plausible that a person would devote that much time and effort trying to sway public opinion unless there is a financial interest.
And we all know that someone in the legal profession would NEVER lie!
Your observations have failed you here. You're "assuming too much." I post here about the Zimmerman case because that's the current high profile case being discussed on this board. I'm not "disinterested" in the case.......I do have an opinion right now, but that opinion may very well change once I've seen the trial if it's televised. Who is trying to sway public opinion? I'm simply discussing the case on a message board with other people who are interested in the case. Btw, I really don't care much about the civil suit. What I find most interesting about these legal cases is the attitude the public has about how the courts work, how cases are worked, the process, and then the trial. I have indeed worked on a number of murder cases, but for that work, being part of the legal team, I got paid. I'm sure you'll never believe this because you DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE it, but no one is paying me to post a word on this forum about Zimmerman or anything else. In fact, I do not post on other message boards. I don't have time. Also you don't know how much time I spend posting on this board. You have no idea how fast I can type or how long it take me to make a post. You in fact have no idea when I'm not here even though I may be logged in. Most of the stuff I post about this case and process is just already in my head from my experience; typing the words goes about as fast as if I were talking to you.

You seem to be making a lot of assumptions about me, and I am guessing that's because the justice system is not your field of work and so you just don't realize that talking about this stuff sorta comes second nature to me. I'm sure that you could do and would do exactly the same about any subject in which you had a lot of experience and some expertise, or some subject dealing with your line of work which you found really interesting.

Btw, if you can tell me where I can find someone to pay me to do this, please let me know. I'd love to get paid to post about something I find interesting.

The civil lawsuit is a WHOLE DIFFERENT CASE/STORY.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:30 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinionated View Post
Some really sick people on here who dont give a ratzmatazz about the [unarmed] victim's family grief, rooting for this cold-blooded murder, as if you're supposed to come out ahead when you kill someone and lie that it was "self defense" to avoid punishment. Really sick... smh.
Cold blooded murder?
The facts do not support this
and you have lost credibility.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:37 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I hope he wins a fortune.
Given that anything is possible in state court, I can guarantee that he will ultimately lose because the case will ultimately be judged in federal court and by the standard set for liable or slander it will be impossible for him to meet that standard. Zimmerman would have to show not only that the story was false, but that it was know to be false and was falsified for malicious reasons. Good luck with that and that applies to anyone not just Zimmerman.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
People in this very thread have accused Martin of being responsible for all crime in Sanford, so you are clearly wrong.
link it or retract it.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Cold blooded murder?
The facts do not support this
and you have lost credibility.
Well, the fact is that he did kill a teenager. That's a fact we can all agree on. Cold blooded murderer, that's too far. Even if the killing was an accident, or defending himself against an unarmed teenager, I agree that there is something very morally wrong with his getting "rich" as a result of that action.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Given that anything is possible in state court, I can guarantee that he will ultimately lose because the case will ultimately be judged in federal court and by the standard set for liable or slander it will be impossible for him to meet that standard. Zimmerman would have to show not only that the story was false, but that it was know to be false and was falsified for malicious reasons. Good luck with that and that applies to anyone not just Zimmerman.
Thank you for explaining that. Amazes me that so many people think all you have to do is file a lawsuit and you WIN!!

Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Well, the fact is that he did kill a teenager. That's a fact we can all agree on. Cold blooded murderer, that's too far. Even if the killing was an accident, or defending himself against an unarmed teenager, I agree that there is something very morally wrong with his getting "rich" as a result of that action.
It would be a result of NBC's action, no?
I have made it clear, I think Zimm was an idiot.
I don't think he's guilty of a crime, though.
I'm not a big proponent of lawsuits, either.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:57 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Actually, I see no reason to believe this. The full police tape makes it very clear that:

1) Zimmerman suspected that Martin was doing something illegal, and that he had no reason to suspect this,

2) Zimmerman frightened and pursued Martin.

It's true that tapes shouldn't be selectively edited, but there isn't much in the tapes that actually damaged his public reputation. At most, one could claim that the edits make him out to be a racist, more than the unedited tapes do. But he isn't alleged to be a klansman who actively desired to murder a black person (which would be first degree murder), he's alleged to be a person who let his poor judgements get the better of him, and who then decided to chase after, and eventually shoot, a person who was simply walking down the street - which is exactly what he's being charged with based on the full tape.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:24 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The doctoring of gz's call to police alone is enough to prove malicious intent. Removing a minute of the call to turn his answer to the dispatcher's question into a racial implication. Technical difficulties ? Time constraints ? A mistake as NBC called it ? Add NBC's other 'mistakes' and malicious intent is the sensible conclusion.

GZ should be a rich man when he gets out of prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies