Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 02:16 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
George Zimmerman sues NBC Universal over edited 911 call - CNN.com

Good. I hope he wins a fortune. The MSM was instrumental in shaping, directing and it now appears, even manufacturing the news.

I was in Florida on an unrelated matter for a good part of this mess and while the facts of the case were awful enough, the media was instrumental in spreading a message of poison that inflamed and made everything so much worse than it already was.

I hope Zimmerman's lawyers get rich off NBC.
Good for him! I hope he lets it go to jury as well!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
President Obama did not say 'Trayvon is my son'.

I guess that's why you did not include a clip of what Obama REALLY said.

Check with the doctor; there is help for Alzheimers.
Obama says his son would look like Trayvon
President Obama said today the nation needs to do some "soul searching" over the shooting death of unarmed African-American teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," Obama said at the White House.
Obama says his son would look like Trayvon

Old 12-07-2012, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
When can Trayvon's parents start suing Rush, Fox and the rest of the right-wingers for portraying their son as a drug-addicted founding member of the Crips & Bloods?

Where are your links for these accusations....

Old 12-07-2012, 03:19 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's embarrassing, really. Obama's consoling Sandra Fluke, commenting on the Professor Gates arrest, and commenting that Martin could've been his own son are a trio of embarrassing things for the President of the nation to have gotten involved in.

The Martin comment was just a really stupid thing to say. I mean Caylee Anthony could've been his daughter too, right? Where were his touching comments about that? I thought we were supposed not judge on skin color. It was a transparent case of the leader of the nation hamming it up for the media and should've been beneath the dignity of anybody occupying the office.
It's time to stop embarrassing yourself. Sorry, but Obama expressly refused to judge based on skin color in this, and other incidents. And yes, the Cambridge police did act stupidly when they arrested Prof Gates for yelling at them after they verged into his home, and yes, Zimmerman chasing after and shooting Martin was a tragedy. And yes, republicans acted like idiots when they raged against Sandra Fluke. All of the above we're perfectly reasonable for the president to respond to, and I'm glad that we have one that responds reasonably to obvious foolishness.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Nitpicking. I don't care what the exact words were that the foolish idiot uttered. The meaning was the same. He is a fool and so are those who believe what he says.
Are you are incapable of discerning reality? You must listen to all of the words he actually spoke, not the manipulated media release version. You've been deceived.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Are you are incapable of discerning reality? You must listen to all of the words he actually spoke, not the manipulated media release version. You've been deceived.
Too bad a lot of people just listened to the words Z-man spoke and missed a few of the dispatcher's words.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:10 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Too bad a lot of people just listened to the words Z-man spoke and missed a few of the dispatcher's words.
Too bad NBC distorted what he actually said to try to convict him in the media. I hope he wins big and cause heads to roll at NBC.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I hope NBC loses, and on a massive level, so that other news agencies will think twice about creating news instead of reporting it.
Wouldn't that put Fox News out of business?

After all, I wonder how many times they played their chopped up version of Obama's speech wherein he said "you have a business...you didn't build that".

Leaving out everything he said between those phrases.

Yep, I agree. News programs should be more responsible. Except, I forgot...Fox News admitted they are providing 'entertainment', not news...

Old 12-07-2012, 05:03 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's embarrassing, really. Obama's consoling Sandra Fluke, commenting on the Professor Gates arrest, and commenting that Martin could've been his own son are a trio of embarrassing things for the President of the nation to have gotten involved in.

The Martin comment was just a really stupid thing to say. I mean Caylee Anthony could've been his daughter too, right? Where were his touching comments about that? I thought we were supposed not judge on skin color. It was a transparent case of the leader of the nation hamming it up for the media and should've been beneath the dignity of anybody occupying the office.
PRESIDENT OBAMA only had a comment about Martin because he was ASKED about the case by a reporter.

Maybe no one ASKED him about Caylee.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:05 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
We don't know if this was a malicious intent to make him look guilty or if the poor editing was unintentional. In any case, it has no effect whatsoever on his case. We were discussing the shooting for months before I knew anything about the edited version of the 911 call. It was only on "The Today Show" which I've never watched in my life.
Most of America knew about the edited verson right after it happened. Unintended consequences doesn't absolve them.

It's no surprise, though, that a few people here failed to grasp what was widely reported as a massive fail by NBC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
PRESIDENT OBAMA only had a comment about Martin because he was ASKED about the case by a reporter.

Maybe no one ASKED him about Caylee.
So he's a babbling fool. God help us. Where are his answers about Benghazi? If a white person said Trayon looked like 0bamas son, the racist accusations would fly.

When President Nixon commented about Manson, there was talk of a mistrial. Obviously, 0bama doesn't have a clue about when to keep his flapping gums shut.

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-07-2012 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not other posters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies