Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 02:24 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
BS, Lots of Black teens die everyday in America. He picked this one to make an underhanded statement.
Yes, that's probably true about the teens. I suspect that white teens die everyday, also.

But, has Obama been asked about every death?

Underhanded statement? I don't get it.
Of course, I don't see boogeymen around every corner, either.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The President was wrong, the people he was aiming his remarks at, along with all the other people who actually DO pay federal and state taxes, DID build the roads and educate the workforce. Of course we can't depend on the mainstream media to point this egregiously divisive rhetoric out, so we turn to Fox.
So, you agree with the President that the country, collectively, through taxes, enables businesses to start up and operate!

Old 12-07-2012, 02:36 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You sing but one note in all of your threads and all of your posts: you hate President Obama. Your threads/posts have gone from being merely tiresome to being utterly ridiculous and totally predictable.

So, we get it - from now on, just title your threads "I hate the POTUS" and save us all the time/effort of reading your puerile posts.
Indeed.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:39 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,168,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
President Obama did not say 'Trayvon is my son'.

I guess that's why you did not include a clip of what Obama REALLY said.

Check with the doctor; there is help for Alzheimers.
Yes we know, he said,
Quote:
"If I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon."

Old 12-07-2012, 02:41 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So those are the allegations?
well... yeah.

click on the link, it won't destroy your 'puter.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
I don't see how anyone, who actually reads that lawsuit transcript (assuming it is correct) can believe George Zimmerman is NOT going to win this lawsuit. It was obvious NBC set him up and made every allegation in the lawsuit true. If not, the two reporters would not have been fired for their bad reporting.

Simple fact here: NBC (and others) made statements and claims, about Zimmerman which were false. Those false statements are what has stuck in the minds of the general public, convicting Zimmerman, without the full, unbiased facts.

Zimmerman should be found not guilty and should walk away with a nice settlement. However, in this politically correct insane world we live in, I doubt that will occur.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
boy are you in for a monster let down

GZ has a dream team of heavy hitting lawyers who are working for free on his case, they know they will rack in millions when this is over. po' little tra'von supporters are gonna burst a blood vessel when this is over.

edit:
do a little light reading on James Beasley of The Beasley Firm...
Lawyers don't work for free on cases like this. They may work on a contingency basis, where they get a LARGE percentage of whatever award the Plaintiff may win. Plus costs. Do you know what it means for a lawyer to take a case on a contingency basis? Who do you think pays for all the investigation and depositions, etc? Btw, I don't care about this civil suit at all. Let them fight it out, settle, whatever. I'm more interested in the criminal case.

Last edited by FancyFeast5000; 12-07-2012 at 03:17 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Pffffffffffffffffffffff. I have never, ever looked at an image of a dead body and said, or even thought, that it looked like my son or daugher or any relative or loved one. Never. Not once. You know why? None of them have ever looked like anybody I knew.

What a completely moronic defense for an utterly stupid statement.

Your president is an idiot. Deal with it.
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????

I doubt the President looked at a death photo. He probably saw the same photos we all saw. Why would you think that? What a morbid thing to imagine.

Does our humanity only kick in when someone looks like us? We cannot be empathetic to peoples of other races or who 'don't look like us'? Let me clue you in...MOST people feel empathy for others, no matter what their race or color. But then again, you don't have children, so you wouldn't know anything about how that could change a person via the bond between parent and child.

I suppose you don't know very many people, then, what can I say...

Lastly, President Obama is not an idiot and he is your president, too. Deal with THAT.

Old 12-07-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It did for OJ and he was actually guilty.
Not really. The prosecution LOST that case they were so bad. Never, ever ask a defendant to try on a glove found at the murder scene if you don't know whether or not IT FITS!!!

Old 12-07-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I don't see how anyone, who actually reads that lawsuit transcript (assuming it is correct) can believe George Zimmerman is NOT going to win this lawsuit. It was obvious NBC set him up and made every allegation in the lawsuit true. If not, the two reporters would not have been fired for their bad reporting.

Simple fact here: NBC (and others) made statements and claims, about Zimmerman which were false. Those false statements are what has stuck in the minds of the general public, convicting Zimmerman, without the full, unbiased facts.

Zimmerman should be found not guilty and should walk away with a nice settlement. However, in this politically correct insane world we live in, I doubt that will occur.
I don't think it's called a transcript; I think what you're reading may be the Pleadings. And perhaps it would be wise to wait and read the responses filed by NBC before being so certain. Those are all ALLEGATIONS / COMPLAINTS filed in the initial pleadings. They have to be proven.

You know, if all this "lawyering" stuff were so simple, I don't think people wanting to practice law would have to go to law school, then pass the bar for a license, and then be required to do continuing education classes, and that just anybody on the streets who could read would be able to go into court and represent themselves adequately. Well, of course anybody legally can represent themselves in court, (but not others), and maybe that's why there's that old saying that anybody who represents himself in court has a fool for a client.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies