Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 10:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
No, it's called logic. If an act causes no harm, there is no reason to ban it. It's a very simple concept.
What if I like harm? Still waiting for you to give a coherent answer other than your opinion.

Quote:

No. Because other kinds of marriage cause no harm, ergo, there is no reason to ban them. As I said, only things that cause harm should be banned.
You still haven't established the "no harm" rule as being logical. all we have is your opinion.

Having said that, I may decide that 2 men calling each other "wife" is harmful. Who is right? Why?

Quote:

Simple observation can determine that in most instances.
Yet, all you've given is your opinion. Thankfully we don't base our legal system on your whim.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,258,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
This shocks me but I must say I'm happy and impressed to see the Mormon Church stop "demonizing" Gays.

I have some Gay Mormon friends that were treated very badly and excommunicated from their Church!

Hopefully this will now stop and they will embrace our differences.

Mormon Church Calls For Compassion Toward Gays, Says Homosexuality Is Not A Choice
I heard that the Nazi's called for compassion after WWII.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:03 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
God defines it as sin and it's wrong to do it.
God never told ME that.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
God never told ME that.
Sure he did. It's recorded in the Bible. Just crack it open and you can read it.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Sure he did. It's recorded in the Bible. Just crack it open and you can read it.
God also said you should treat your slaves well. Some would say God advocated slavery by that. Others would say that is a misinterpretation of what "slave" meant in biblical times. One could also claim the same for homosexuality as God was against lust which could be defined as sex without a giving commitment. Whether that be homo or hetero.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:15 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
If I agree to abide by that, will you agree to stone women to death who get married but are not virgins at the time?
LOL

Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
God also said you should treat your slaves well. Some would say God advocated slavery by that. Others would say that is a misinterpretation of what "slave" meant in biblical times.
Context is everything. Those were commands given to Israel under the Mosaic Covenant. It was a different time, in a different culture.
Quote:

One could also claim the same for homosexuality as God was against lust which could be defined as sex without a giving commitment. Whether that be homo or hetero.
Not really....there is really just no way the Bible says anything close to that. I guess you COULD say it...but you might as well just not read it at all.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Quote:
Context is everything. Those were commands given to Israel under the Mosaic Covenant. It was a different time, in a different culture.

Not really....there is really just no way the Bible says anything close to that. I guess you COULD say it...but you might as well just not read it at all.
Actually I have read the bible and taken it to heart. Especially the new testament. The bible often instructs against lust. The commandments specifically refernce that. I hold no ill will toward ny neighbor. My neighbor's sexual preference in no way impingese on my belief. Nor do I presume God's will or love conferred on others so I do not question my neighbors relationship with God. It is one thing to evangelize and another to impose laws on others.

There are MANY christian religions and all do not agree on all aspects or interpretations of the bible. Are you advocating that one of this many should be accepted as the truth for humanity and hat we should establish a theocracy under that "one" interpritation?

Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Actually I have read the bible and taken it to heart. Especially the new testament. The bible often instructs against lust. The commandments specifically refernce that. I hold no ill will toward ny neighbor. My neighbor's sexual preference in no way impingese on my belief. Nor do I presume God's will or love conferred on others so I do not question my neighbors relationship with God. It is one thing to evangelize and another to impose laws on others.

There are MANY christian religions and all do not agree on all aspects or interpretations of the bible. Are you advocating that one of this many should be accepted as the truth for humanity and hat we should establish a theocracy under that "one" interpritation?
A theocracy? No. I've never suggested that.

Old 12-07-2012, 11:34 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,772,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Sorry but you can't spin those. It is pretty damn clear what they are saying. How do you pull out of context you should not lay with a man as you would with a woman? Pretty plain to me.
Gee, because the preceding verse makes an abrupt switch from discussing forbidden sexual practices to child sacrifice in the pagan temples of the god Molech. Why on earth would they stop talking about sex practices, discuss child sacrifice, and then mention the anti-gay verse? Context is lost on you clearly.

You still didn't answer me about how a man has sex with a man as he would a woman. Men don't have vaginas. You're completely dodging the obvious to justify your hate. But frankly, your ignorance is not worth my time. You are clueless as to what the Bible is talk about, but feel free to keep worshipping a butcher English translation of the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies