Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times

Advertisements

Guess the lefties are ignoring the fact 350K people have dropped out of the workforce so of course its going to go down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 08:47 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Republican pundits are going to be angry about the good news.

Expect them to discredit the numbers and to employ conspiracy theories.
And expect the ObamaBots to ignore reality.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I did.
The fact is though that the claim that "Presidents can't create jobs" is utter nonsense - and I know this PERSONALLY because back in 1984 - when I was first getting into IT, President Reagans arms build up created MY JOB. The position wasn't around until the company I was hired as the company ramped up to meet the demands of an increasing military. THAT created MY job - and I went on to a long career (and I wasn't ALONE). So, the claim that "Presidents can't create jobs" or that "Government can't create jobs" is complete and total bullsh*t.

Ken
OK, you must be talkin' about the strategic defense initiative? or the BMD?

Strategic Defense Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or something else?

Maybe it just so happens you were in the right place at the right time? Na, couldn't be.

I know the government can create jobs, US Census of 2010 created hundreds, if not thousands of temporary jobs.
FDR admin helped create jobs during the depression. The WPA
Works Progress Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What kind of jobs do you believe willard would have created? more defense, military?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:48 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
OMG! Are those silly liberals and doofus 0 supporters celebrating a 7.7 unemployment?
OMG!

Wake me when it gets below 5% and I'll consider celebrating with you.

lol
It took minutes to bring down the WTC buildings. Realistically speaking, only an idiot would expect a rebuild on the site within hours, much less minutes.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:49 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Presidents do not create jobs.
No, but their policies kill them.....

Old 12-07-2012, 08:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have no doubt that, if Mr. Romney had won the election, his supporters herein would be clamiing that these new, unexpected job numbers were solely due to the new-found optimism by employers.
But of course.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:51 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
Guess the lefties are ignoring the fact 350K people have dropped out of the workforce so of course its going to go down.
So what? People RETIRE. That means other people get their job and BOTH are happy. Why is that a BAD thing?

Aside from that the drop in the labor participation rate this past month is pretty much equal to the RISE in the participation rate last month - and yet between the two month the UE rate still managed to drop a bit - MOST DEFINITELY good news.

Ken

Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM

2,072 posts, read 1,755,430 times
LOL...yeah 350k people retired...go ahead live in your wonder land where Obama is god and does no wrong.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:53 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
10000 boomers are retiring each day (300,000 in a month) and will do so for the next 18 years or so.
Our resident fiscal conservatives don't care about realities. It is why they also believe government spending could go back to 1999 levels. This comes from their lack of awareness:
- That population grows by the year (by about 15% since 1999)
- That baby boomers were in their 50s in 1990s, and the aging population will have an effect on government spending (both health care and social security)

Forget about ANY concern for trillions spent and trillions that will be needed to cover the "greatness" of their reign under Bush administration.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
OK, you must be talkin' about the strategic defense initiative? or the BMD?

Strategic Defense Initiative - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or something else?

Maybe it just so happens you were in the right place at the right time? Na, couldn't be.

I know the government can create jobs, US Census of 2010 created hundreds, if not thousands of temporary jobs.
FDR admin helped create jobs during the depression. The WPA
Works Progress Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What kind of jobs do you believe willard would have created? more defense, military?
I have NO idea what willard would have done.
I'm simply pointing out the fact that I know PERSONALLY that the Wingnut claim that "Government can't create jobs" (which is seen so often on this board) is pure bunk.

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies