Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:26 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,971 times

Advertisements

Chick Fil-A I'm very sure plans to and wishes to stay in business for the decades to come.

The last election showed Huge numbers of young citizens voting for President Obama and for Same Sex Marriage in those states that had it on the ballot.

Chick Fil-A as a company is no dummy when it comes to revenue forecasting as has been proven by their phenomenal growth.

Any rational thinking person can see that within a few years Chick-Fil-A must either change with the times and cater to those that will purchase their product or they will begin a downward spiral of loss.

With the average age of a self proclaimed conservative family values voter at 54 years of age simple supply and demand economics will show exactly where Chick-Fil-A's allegiance is and will be in the immediate future.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
When we look back on the left's failed boycott of Chick Fil-A...
why did it backfire the way it did?
What backfire? What fail?
What do you base your assertion on?

The only way to judge the impact is to see insider sales volume numbers over time...
as well as the nearby alternative stores insider numbers.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:29 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
For the same rerason the OWS movemnt did npthigexcept to creat parks needig cleanup .This is the age of the self and no one really cared what someone else was protesting in reality.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:34 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,397,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I'm thrilled the militant goofballs are boycotting. When I do stop by, I don't want to overhear garbage spewing out of liberal mouths, even unintentionally.

Now if I could just figure out how to keep them 100% off my planet and out of my world. Life would be very good!
You want to keep them 100% out of your world so that's why you post here?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:36 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
I'm thrilled the militant goofballs are boycotting. When I do stop by, I don't want to overhear garbage spewing out of liberal mouths, even unintentionally.

Now if I could just figure out how to keep them 100% off my planet and out of my world. Life would be very good!
Yes, god forbid somebody challenge you to THINK and hear views other than your own... do you really want a world full of Dale Coopers?

I certainly wouldn't want a world of 100% gizmo980s, but maybe I'm just more tolerant than you - and yet, you guys actually want us to believe the BS about liberals being the intolerant ones. Yeah right. Next time I hear that nonsense, I will just reference your post here. Thanks!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
You want to keep them 100% out of your world so that's why you post here?
LOL... not the smartest move, huh?

Old 12-07-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Because they tried to stop someone from expressing their freedom of speech and to believe as they wish. Simple as that it backfired and made them look stupid.
Who tried to stop his "freedom of speech?" He is allowed to say/believe as he chooses, and everyone is allowed to spend or not spend their money at this restaurant. No? I couldn't give one crap what he thinks about gay marriage, I just wouldn't want MY money going to fund hate groups... so if they're donating a portion of profits to those groups, now that I know, I will make sure to avoid going there. Not that I would anyway, since I refrain from fast food unless I'm desperate (and don't even know where a CFA is around here).

Old 12-07-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
What backfire? What fail?
What do you base your assertion on?

The only way to judge the impact is to see insider sales volume numbers over time...
as well as the nearby alternative stores insider numbers.
I think they thought all non-RWNJs were foaming at the mouth, and expecting ChickFA to close its doors in a matter of days. Not quite, lol.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,894,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I boycott Chick-Fil-A because the only time I want it is on Sunday.

Boycotts aren't about making someone cave for me, its about expressing my personal view. If I don't like your business practice, I won't go there. For the record, I don't like Chick-Fil-A's food, I hate their fries, the entrees are to small in proportion fo the price, I just don't like what I get there. Lots of local stores with more food at a cheaper price.

That and I find it absurd they are closed on Sunday, when the Sabbath is on Saturday. If you're going to be super religious, then stick to the book
Sounds like a 5-year old's "FINE. I didn't want your food ANYWAY. HMPHH!"

Old 12-07-2012, 01:44 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:

What planet would that be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies