Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,934,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
If Nancy Pelosi really said "you cannot cut your way to deficit reduction", then she is one stupid b*tch.

Spending is what created this problem. Not tax cuts. Not record corporate profits. Not capitalistic policy, BUT BIG GOVERNMENT SPENDING.

Hi, Nancy. I'm Dumbass, nice to meet you.
Just so she doesn't have to stand alone........Harry Reid said the same thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,165 times
She speaks also of following the Constitution to bad she hasn't read it either.....

Old 12-08-2012, 09:09 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
WC Fields, Yogi Berra and Nancy Pelosi.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:22 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I'd divorce any woman that thinks like Nancy. She would only cause my financial ruin.
That is a part of the reason my first wife isn't my wife any more. At around 15,000 dollars in dish sets and curtains, usually going to other people as gift sets for no real real reason I cut her cards off. At that point we were no longer living under the same roof anyway.

She just thought no matter what she could go shopping, and spend with no limit.

She just thought wrong. But there were some other more serious reasons, not fitting for CD.

I see the Govt as the largest welfare recipient. Spendaholics and they spend with out thinking.

Worse than shopaholics.

Spending and shopping is NOT a Skill. But people seem to think I am wrong on that score.

Old 12-08-2012, 10:48 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
At a press conference, question about 'the fiscal cliff', how to avoid it and deficit spending stated [and not taken out of context] "you can not cut your way to deficit reduction". This is the leader of the Democrats believing that if you reduce spending, the deficit will not be reduced. So according to her, I shouldn't waste my time or money sending a check to my credit card company or mortgage holder because the balance owed won't be reduced.
She's right because members of Congress won't stop increasing spending every chance they can!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:37 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Default Ah, the so-called "balanced approach."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I'm sure she meant that they can't reduce the deficit by cuts ALONE, that there also have to be some tax increases on the wealthy.
She is an unmitigated idiot, and so is anyone who thinks that raising taxes at a time like this would be a good thing. It would further depress the economy.

The best thing they could do (and should do) is to leave taxes rates alone, abandon any ideas of eliminating deductions (which would be the same as raising taxes), which they call "loopholes," but they aren't. They need to simply cut spending! But they won't. Democrats are too greedy to do that.

There are already tax increases written into the ACA that go into affect next year (2013). These affect us all. Additional tax increases on top of those would be disasterous. Those taxes created by the ACA will be bad enough, and will do significant damage to the economy.

What we need is growth in the private sector, and that happens by cutting taxes, not raising them.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, it is very bizarre thinking. Hey if we could spend our way out of poverty we should take her cue. Lets all go on a spending spree. Lets spend our way out of our personal poverty lol.
The Democrats actually believe that works!

Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Spending alone increased deficits.
Absolutely, which is why cutting spending alone is the answer. We don't have a revenue problem. But if they increase taxes even more, revenue will be reduced.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
I love how the government's answer to all fiscal problems is for them to pass a law to "create jobs".
It's become the catchall answer which really means they have no answer.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
Well every one i have hread that is creditable says that we need between 2 to 1 to 3 to 1 cuts verus revenues to get it to sustainable levels in years ahead. Even the Obamma max wanted ytax incrases wil not do it and only pay for about 2% alone ebcause of every increasig deficit levels by continued spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies