Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:59 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, lookie! It's a liberal circle jerk***.

My IQ is 135. I watch Fox.

The End.
Since you're such a brilliant genius, you're probably aware what an AVERAGE is.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Doesn't take much to fool a fool............
Outstanding words, sol. Too bad they don't realize they are being propagandized but most of them don't even know what propaganda is.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:03 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess it is true that those of us who studied education in college way back when were lied to when we were told that kids beyond 13 couldn't be tested accurately for IQ. In case you don't know what IQ is the letters stand for Intelligence Quotient and mean the ability to learn. This study and others like it seem to me to be saying that we of the Fox group are "losing" our IQ numbers with the passage of time and that is so far from true that only people who don't know their a** from page nine would believe this crap.

I was 13 when I took my first IQ test and turned up with the highest number in the whole high school. Not genius but very close. I will always think that the amount of reading I had done in late elementary and middle school years should have been considered but the test wasn't made to do that. I watch very little news not from Fox but do not believe that 80 number to be very real.
Your disagreement with the results is noted, but hardly surprising..

I'll assume you're telling the truth about your genius level IQ in your younger days. However, taking into account all those rather crazy Beck conspiracy theories you are fond of posting, I just have one question...what happened?

Old 12-08-2012, 09:05 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,202,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I thought this was a joke at first.I mean, it reads like an onion piece. However, the more I think about it, with all the unquestioned conspiracy theories, the blind allegiance to the predictions of Rove and Morris, the more I believe the study has some real truth to it..

Intelligence Institute Study shows Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average. - Yahoo! News
Based on what I see around here, I think it is entirely likely.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,432,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Have you taken the test lately?
I think he's afraid

Old 12-08-2012, 09:07 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,139,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Well, yeah, but they are so imbecilic about IQ that one of them even asked me if I have taken an IQ test lately when those who develop them say they can't possibly measure IQ accurately after 13. Hey your number is almost the same as mine. These people are saying that we of the Fox watchers are about 80. I wonder if they have mistaken who is and who isn't 80.

They are jerking pretty hard, aren't they and out of ignorance at that.
So, IQs never change after 13? Just for chits and giggles, retake the test to prove me wrong.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Have you taken the test lately?
I wonder what those people in the education area in college meant when they told us that IQ is not a measure of intelligence but a measure of the ability to learn. Of course, since you people read these things from left leaning people you fail to understand just what IQ is.

So you can see a bit better, IQ tests are made hoping that all people of a certain age have had the same kind of education and past a certain age it just doesn't work. I was always told that 13 is the optimum age but maybe these liberal studiers have managed something else.

That 80 number is purely stupid in that people just don't have IQ numbers sag. Once you are there you are there and watching Fox won't make the number drop.

Really I don't think that those people have made a test that would measure the IQ of an 80 year old but maybe I am totally wrong from losing my numbers.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Your disagreement with the results is noted, but hardly surprising..

I'll assume you're telling the truth about your genius level IQ in your younger days. However, taking into account all those rather crazy Beck conspiracy theories you are fond of posting, I just have one question...what happened?
I can guarantee you that my number hasn't dropped from watching Fox. I do believe that I may know a bit more about IQ than you leaners here are trying to show you do.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I think he's afraid
You just proved your lack of knowledge about IQ and what it stands for. I feel sorry for you but won't worry about your lack of knowledge about IQ and what it really is.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Even to this liberal this sounds quite Snopeseque.
Yes, they have too many viewers for them to test out at an average IQ of 80. People with 80 IQs don't give a damn about politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies