Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,112,986 times

Advertisements

At a press conference, question about 'the fiscal cliff', how to avoid it and deficit spending stated [and not taken out of context] "you can not cut your way to deficit reduction". This is the leader of the Democrats believing that if you reduce spending, the deficit will not be reduced. So according to her, I shouldn't waste my time or money sending a check to my credit card company or mortgage holder because the balance owed won't be reduced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2012, 06:48 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,194,325 times
I'm sure she meant that they can't reduce the deficit by cuts ALONE, that there also have to be some tax increases on the wealthy.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 PM

5,670 posts, read 5,104,800 times
Quote:
Pelosi "You can not cut your way to deficit reduction"
So instead they'll try to tax and spend our country out of poverty?

Old 12-07-2012, 07:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,668,587 times
Well if we can spend our way out of debt then maybe increased spending will cut the deficit.

Remember..Pelosi is the one that said food stamps is a stimulus and creates jobs.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,015,072 times
Some one should give her a new credit card with a 0 ballance and a no credit line so it isn't worth anything, so she can learn to understand there is no more spending because there is no more dollars to spend.

Maybe she and she alone should pay off the 16 trillion debt, then maybe after a time she could borrow more money from somebody.....

16 trillion in debt to me looks like a big problem..... And she still thinks she can spend? My x wife was that way.... She sure was mad when I told the credit card companies I wasn't responsible any more, and they took her cards.

To this run away Spending Govt we are just magic check books and walking wallets. I wish i could do that and get away with it too, but I know better.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,236,783 times
Seems Pelosi has at some point been a part of the spending problem. Why would I give anything she has to say any credence? I think of her more as a wind up puppet* spouting some garbage her staff has shoved into her gullet. Crank her up and let her spew. There is no person on the face of earth whose head I more like to see auto-explode than hers. Though to be perfectly clear... I would NOT pay to see the movie.

*I'd have said wind up doll, but just couldn't induce the idea of Pelosi and doll in the same thought.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:23 PM

34,159 posts, read 83,243,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
At a press conference, question about 'the fiscal cliff', how to avoid it and deficit spending stated [and not taken out of context] "you can not cut your way to deficit reduction".
And (I've been told) you can't tax your way to deficit reduction either.
And obviously having low/no taxes is doing nothing about it...

That's quite a pickle we're in.

Last edited by MrRational; 12-07-2012 at 07:32 PM..

Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 PM

800 posts, read 510,188 times
I guess in order to fix our deficit we better just pass a bunch of democrat inspired bills and then read them afterwards. Seriously how is a person as stupid as Pelosi in such a high position of power? She obviously has no idea of how economics work.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:38 PM

19,036 posts, read 14,272,603 times
Let’s face facts - an ever growing public debt, unpayable, and a Congress too frightened to cut bribes (ahem) entitlements, is a sure fire recipe for economic and political collapse. Let’s not forget the inevitable hyperinflation and its affect on the buying power of funny munny.

Congress is borrowing on credit with no money to repay the creditor. And, via FICA, it tricked the American people into underwriting that debt with their labor and property.
The American people thought “they” were getting a “great deal” ( freebies from the government ) when in fact, they were getting sheared.

And Congress has no other option but to indebt our progeny with the cost for bribes paid today.

This explains why Congress acts like a bunch of raving lunatics in nice suits.
They have to.

Old 12-07-2012, 07:42 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,015,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Let’s face facts - an ever growing public debt, unpayable, and a Congress too frightened to cut bribes (ahem) entitlements, is a sure fire recipe for economic and political collapse. Let’s not forget the inevitable hyperinflation and its affect on the buying power of funny munny.

Congress is borrowing on credit with no money to repay the creditor. And, via FICA, it tricked the American people into underwriting that debt with their labor and property.
The American people thought “they” were getting a “great deal” ( freebies from the government ) when in fact, they were getting sheared.

And Congress has no other option but to indebt our progeny with the cost for bribes paid today.

This explains why Congress acts like a bunch of raving lunatics in nice suits.
They have to.
The only problem I see is that they think WE have the capitol to bail them out.... They have the idea we can afford more taxes. Or have stored wealth, and they want to spend it......

Nancy has money and if she wants to spend it that's fine by me.... She can keep her grubby mitts of anything I have. if you ask me she need a 20 trillion dollar face and body lift again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies