Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:40 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Happened to catch this on today's Huckabee show while switching through the channels. I guess according to Huckabee, Palestinians and their homes and families can go to hell!

Quote:
Mike Huckabee is in Israel this week, where he attended the ceremony for the opening of a new Israeli settlement in the occupied West Bank. At the ceremony, he called it “inconceivable in many ways that we would have to even argue and debate” about whether settlements are wise or legal. But today, Huckabee took his radical stance much further, repeating his call for Palestinians to move out of Israel, and telling Israel Today Magazine that anyone who opposes the construction of Israeli settlements is guilty of racism and apartheid.
Huckabee: Opposing Israeli Settlements Is 'Racism' And 'Apartheid' | ThinkProgress

So glad this religious extremist didn't get elected!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:11 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
...... Palestinians and their homes and families can go to hell!

Well lets see: All the Jews are out of Gaza and that sort of worked until the rockets came flying out a few hours after the last jew left in 2005. Israel was not going to repeat that mistake in trust again without assurances. The Palestinian Arabs in the WB can thank Hamas for that. But since Israel took the West Bank in 1967 and not the mandate in 1948 then it was all Jordanian land. Jordan gave Israel the West Bank as part of their treaty. Negotiations have been going on for 45 years and 94% is under PA control now. How many more years of negotiations are required? Fatah & Hamas want everything on their wish list and are not willing to give Israel at least some of what they want. Gaza already proved land for peace didn't work. Thus Israel is going to move forward and build homes for their citizens (in the case of the settlements most are from the US). And if someday they finally negotiate something they both agree in, whats the worse that can happen: Israel displaces a few thousand Jews again to make the Arabs happy. Like that didn't already happen in Gaza.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:23 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Happened to catch this on today's Huckabee show while switching through the channels. I guess according to Huckabee, Palestinians and their homes and families can go to hell!
Huckabee is a likable idiot, but an idiot nonetheless.

The Jewish "settlement" of Har Homa in occupied East Jerusalem:

Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Makes you want to build a house in Huckabee's backyard and be like, "what? it's cool when the Israelis do it."

Old 12-09-2012, 10:48 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Gaza already proved land for peace didn't work.
It's like taxes... they want a little land then a little more then a little more. It will never end. Land for peace did not and will not work.

Old 12-09-2012, 10:50 PM

420 posts, read 335,105 times
According to the good Reverend Huckabee's baptist faith, aren't Jews destined for hell?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:56 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:

Huckabee: Opposing Israeli Settlements Is 'Racism' And 'Apartheid' | ThinkProgress

So glad this religious extremist didn't get elected!
It's no different than Americans building houses in Nevada. Do advocate that we need to ask the Mexican government for permission?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's no different than Americans building houses in Nevada. Do advocate that we need to ask the Mexican government for permission?
Do the people of Nevada think they are still apart of Mexico? If so, then yes, we should ask Mexico...but I doubt you will find anyone like the Palestinians that wish to consider themselves apart of another country....except for the handful of people that threatened to secede after the election of course.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:18 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do the people of Nevada think they are still apart of Mexico? If so, then yes, we should ask Mexico...but I doubt you will find anyone like the Palestinians that wish to consider themselves apart of another country....except for the handful of people that threatened to secede after the election of course.
Well you think you're arguing against me but you're actually proving my point. America acquired land in 1848 from Mexico and settled it. And now it is an accepted part of America.

Israel acquired Gaza in 1949. But now you and others are saying they can't settle it because it isn't theirs.

So let them settle it as they wish with no outside interference for a century and a half as America did. Then come back to me in in the year 2163 and if the people in Gaza still do not consider themselves Israelis I will grant your argument is valid.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Well you think you're arguing against me but you're actually proving my point. America acquired land in 1848 from Mexico and settled it. And now it is an accepted part of America.

Israel acquired Gaza in 1949. But now you and others are saying they can't settle it because it isn't theirs.

So let them settle it as they wish with no outside interference for a century and a half as America did. Then come back to me in in the year 2163 and if the people in Gaza still do not consider themselves Israelis I will grant your argument is valid.
First off, there is a 100 year difference, also do the people of Nevada consider themselves to be apart of Mexico like the Palestinians consider themselves to be apart of Palestine? If not, then it isn't the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies