Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 09:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you didn't even click on the link. Maybe you could explain your yes answer.
No need to click on your link when it is an easy answer, yes, Obama is a natural born citizen unless Hawaii somehow doesn't count as a state anymore.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
No person except a natural born Citizen shall be eligible to the Office of President.
or
No person except a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President.

All citizens of the US as of the adoption of the Constitution were eligible to run for POTUS. After the adoption of the Constitution, only natural born citizens are eligible.

Obama was born is Hawaii, which makes him a natural born citizen. Case closed.
Yeah, I know that only one parent needs to be a citizen for one to be a citizen, even Mexicans who aren't citizens have their anchor babies who are citizens, but I am going to have to live a long time to find out if any of those Mexicans born to illegal aliens are considered natural born. Somehow, I don't think they will but I don't know when Obama will cease being President, either.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
You know what, even if he isn't one who gives a hairy rats ****?
Those of us that read the Constitution give a hairy rats behind although many of his supporters don't read the early parts of the Constitution. That would be Article ii.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Yeah, I know that only one parent needs to be a citizen for one to be a citizen, even Mexicans who aren't citizens have their anchor babies who are citizens, but I am going to have to live a long time to find out if any of those Mexicans born to illegal aliens are considered natural born. Somehow, I don't think they will but I don't know when Obama will cease being President, either.
Do you even know what an anchor baby is? You're contradicting yourself in this post.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:45 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
Does anyone disagree at this point that birthers are traitors to this country who deserve to be strung up?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i find that surprising because there are pages of threads discussing this topic. just do a forum search for "happersett".

the basic premiss of your link is that the SCOTUS case minor v happersett gives an exclusive definition of the term "natural born citizen". it doesn't........ and the case specifically states that!

here's the quote that the birthers pull from MvH to support their belief (from your link):

“The Constitution does not, in words, say who shall be natural-born citizens. Resort must be had elsewhere to ascertain that. At common-law, with the nomenclature of which the framers of the Constitution were familiar, it was never doubted that all children born in a country of parents who were its citizens became themselves, upon their birth, citizens also. These were natives, or natural-born citizens, as distinguished from aliens or foreigners.”

what the birthers perpetually omit is the very next three sentences:

"Some authorities go further and include as citizens children born within the jurisdiction without reference to the citizenship of their parents. As to this class there have been doubts, but never as to the first. For the purposes of this case, it is not necessary to solve these doubts."

between romney and mccain about $1.4 billion was spent on their campaigns to defeat obama. do you really believe they overlooked an aspect that could have been handled by a competent constitutional attorney for a few grand?
I am sure that Romney didn't waste any money on that kind of thing. I am sure because he never said one word about Benghazi which would have worked so much better. Many people never heard of Benghazi and by election day others had forgotten. Wouldn't it have been something if Romney had tried to force Obama to come out with the whole story?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
I am going to have to live a long time to find out if any of those Mexicans born to illegal aliens are considered natural born.
No you won't.

They are natural born citizens.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
If he doesn't, then he sure should NOT be president regardless of what good things people think he might have done.
Name a few of those "good things".

Old 12-10-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
How about telling us a bit about the new cases that show up in the link? Didn't read it?
There are none. All of this is old rehashed Birther hand waving.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Name a few of those "good things".
Obamacare for starters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies