Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 06:34 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

Yea, Conservative Americans should NEVER expect anybody to assimilate to social norms....They are the ones who have to assimilate to every other cultures external ones.

The only thing they have to adhere to is getting that money.

Sometimes I wish I would be here to see where this ends up in 100-150 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Life is exclusionary....not conservatism.

Some deluded Liberals cling to the theory that "we are all in this together" because we are social creatures. But we are only "social" by forced associations through man made devices. There are studies showing humans to be social....but not the way a Federal Government is trying to force associations across a collective of 300 MILLION human beings..

Good luck finding any study proving THAT is natural.

A "collective" can be two single individuals.

We have social norms that extend WAY WAYYYYYY behind a man made institution of money or racism that we exclude people. And many of them Liberals engage in everyday. So let's not be pretentious, ok?

Government shouldn't be doing anything special for anybody....Because that's how a government gains consent from people to do whatever the hell they want at the end of the day.

What makes Government special? Because they are elected by a convoluted and very opaque process? What is the belief that government is the end all be all?

No, they don't....Are you just talking out your exhaust now? But regardless, there ARE plenty of people who ARE takers.

And Liberals believe everybody should be taken care of. Well, that is until their preference starts getting slang around. This is why they are more hypocritical than anybody. See issue #1 that was addressed.

You have two types of Liberals...

The first believes that everybody deserves a 4th, 5th, 6th and nth chance. Everything and anything has to have unlimited resources thrown at it. Of course, this is OK because it's not THEIR money directly being burned..It's just comes from the one, big, unwieldy and bottomless rainy day fund.

The second believes that everybody deserves a chance, but until they cross a certain threshold. This kind is usually an Athiest..They pretty much hold the stance that "Everybody is free...except THOSE people". They usually hide within legislation as their personal lord and savior. These are the absolute WORST kind of Liberals because they are simply statists. I can't think of a more damaging individual that disregards religion but puts complete faith in the government to do what is "right"

These kind take endless stipends and compromise everybody else because they have been pigeonholed by single tracked voting preference. And these types are TOTALLY in denial about it.

I think I have laid this out for you pretty well...not much to address here. Except for the racial dynamic. And people exclude not because of race but because of culture. And this is quite normal everywhere you go. Love Sweden? Sure, they have a GREAT system where everybody pays upwards of 40% income tax. They love each other and it's a utopia....

But guess what? You BETTER speak Swedish. There goes that exclusionary stuff.

And hope you don't rent...Sweden has a nasty black market rental market where subletting and sub-subletting run rampant and black money wins contracts.

Man, gotta love all inclusive Utopias.

Or maybe Germany... Ah yes, a bastion of diversity and a near perfect model of living. All people are on the dole, Black, White, Asian... All living in racial harmony.... Nobody who likes to swap DNA with the same sex is vilified. It truly stands alone as the shining example of what America should be.

Except the country had to go through one of the darkest moments in modern history AND house a regime that wanted to commit genocide on EVERY other demographic to get there. In addition, they now have an economy (that is not only run by a robust private sector) that is a global leader in making WEAPONS. ASSAULT WEAPONS. And selling them to EVERYBODY else.

If they aren't selling fully assembled weapons and artillery, they get around trade sanctions by selling parts and components to nations with plenty of human rights violations.

Ah, yes... Irony tastes great in the morning doesn't it?

Yea Whatever.
You managed to write a bunch of words that didn't address my post at all.

Here's all I got out of it. Yes, you do agree that conservatism is exclusionary and that you believe this is the way of the world.

You took it one step further and explained why it is the natural order of things that our government represent what you see as the exclusionary nature of human beings and any attempt to correct it is doomed to failure.

I can't make this stuff up conservatives believe truly vile things and want to govern on those vile ideas.
Here is a person defending an exclusionary vision of government because this person believes it is human nature.

Once you get there you can see why supporting ideas that hurt specific groups of people and being anti-other Americans makes perfect sense to a person who thinks like that poster.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You managed to write a bunch of words that didn't address my post at all.

Here's all I got out of it. Yes, you do agree that conservatism is exclusionary and that you believe this is the way of the world.

You took it one step further and explained why it is the natural order of things that our government represent what you see as the exclusionary nature of human beings and any attempt to correct it is doomed to failure.

I can't make this stuff up conservatives believe truly vile things and want to govern on those vile ideas.
Here is a person defending an exclusionary vision of government because this person believes it is human nature.

Once you get there you can see why supporting ideas that hurt specific groups of people and being anti-other Americans makes perfect sense to a person who thinks like that poster.
Yes, I agreed that Conservatism is exclusionary. Because I said LIFE is INHERENTLY exclusionary. So, congratulations for connecting those dots.

Also, yes... government is exclusionary as well, however, the crux of my argument was awfully lost upon you. But that's OK, because it is also lost upon 90% of Americans. You are not alone in your ignorance.

Here we go....again....in layman terms.

Government is INHERENTLY exclusionary because it serves it's best interest FIRST only because it has no other choice or it would become insolvent. The ONLY correction is autonomy.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:31 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Yea, Conservative Americans should NEVER expect anybody to assimilate to social norms....They are the ones who have to assimilate to every other cultures external ones.

The only thing they have to adhere to is getting that money.

Sometimes I wish I would be here to see where this ends up in 100-150 years.
And which social norms would those be?
Please, be specific.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
And which social norms would those be?
Please, be specific.
Oh I don't know...speaking English?

That's just one... don't know if you have ever heard of it.

Please stop me at any time if I am sounding too ridiculous.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:19 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
American conservatism at its heart is exclusionary. Conservatives believe that certain people deserve and other people don't and that is the way of the world.

Conservatives believe that certain people are real patriotic Americans, the makers, job creators, the special people and the government should do things for those special people.

Conservatives believe that the special people and basically only those people should run America or be the ones to decide who runs America.

Conservatives believe that everyone else is destroying America and is a taker, loser, moocher.

Conservatives don't want those people to vote. Conservatives don't think that those people's interests are legitimate problems that should be address by government.

This is why conservatives hate government spending that goes to those people, hate the Democratic party or more specifically liberals who design programs to help those people, hate a lot of their fellow Americans for merely existing and being poor or black or a single mom or hispanic or muslim, hate democracy itself really.

This is why those Americans generally don't vote for the conservative party.
Who the he*l are you to say what I believe?

Most people would call me more conservative than liberal but I don't believe most of that.

I believe people should be free to choose the way they earn a living, keep most of what they produce, live the lifestyle they prefer, and leave other people alone.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:34 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
It really wasn't. Seems like the standard "black republican" pablum that's really designed to extract money from white republicans. Every time I hear this guy, in particular speak, I'm always reminded of that Simpsons episode where the two aliens stand in for Clinton and Gore, and one of them says that he'll "Move forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!" Bryant simply never says anything substantial, and that clip is a great example. For example, he claims that black and Latino people, and young white women have "no" reason to vote for Obama "when you look at the unemployment rate", but he never bothers to say why not in the first place - even if you assume that unemployment is the only reason to vote for a president (it isn't).

As for why his movie would be shown in a classroom...um, why would it?

Old 10-13-2014, 04:07 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
My computer closed that web page. Malicious virus.

Old 10-13-2014, 04:13 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
It really wasn't. Seems like the standard "black republican" pablum that's really designed to extract money from white republicans.
And you know this how? You sit on the planning sessions, have a listening device planted, have a spy in the ranks, what? Or are you just pulling this out of your rear end?

Old 10-13-2014, 04:44 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
... how come we spend more than any nation on the planet and people are still poor, unemployed, and undereducated after half a century?
Long story short: The USA currently spends more on defense than the next 8 countries combined to protect & conserve the status quo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies