Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,998,309 times

Advertisements

Yes there is. He should be impeached for treason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 01:31 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
A "blog" from American Stinker. Now There's a wellspring of accurate information.....
There are plenty of other sources about this story. They all say the same thing.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:36 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,646,068 times
It's a huge government conspiracy. What happened is, somehow the government set things up so that Januray 20 falls on a Sunday next year. By tradition, then, the inauguration festivities would happen the next day, January 21, but that doesn't change the day the president's new term starts.

Thank you for bringing this vital issue to our attention.

Get the government out of our calendars!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,120 times
Quote:
A "blog" from American Stinker. Now There's a wellspring of accurate information.....
Do you ever bother to look stuff up before you spew?

No?

That's what I thought.

As far as the oath, he can take it under rock in a cave for all I care. He doesn't mean a word of it and I won't be watching, so let him have at it! Dumbest damned president we ever had

Old 12-10-2012, 01:41 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,105,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
There are plenty of other sources about this story. They all say the same thing.

It's not precedent. Since the "official" day is Jan 20th which falls on a Sunday, Obama will be officially sworn in that day. There are no solid plans by the WhiteHouse on if it will be open to the press. The public ceremony is the next day.

More fake outrage by the RWNJs over absolutely nothing.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Do you ever bother to look stuff up before you spew?

No?

That's what I thought.

As far as the oath, he can take it under rock in a cave for all I care. He doesn't mean a word of it and I won't be watching, so let him have at it! Dumbest damned president we ever had

Do you, Dale, or do you foam every time somebody raises the fake spectre of something amiss at the WH.

Try reading the entire story at Politico, or will actual facts get in the way of your fake outrage?

"...Both the White House and the committee note that “private” simply means the event is not open to the public and that press arrangements have not been formalized.

”There is no truth to any rumors that decisions have been made about media access to this year’s inaugural events,” Rachel Racusen, a spokesperson for the committee, told POLITICO. “The 2013 Presidential Inaugural Committee announced its launch yesterday and is just beginning its planning. Any announcements about media access and credentials will be made in the coming weeks.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2012/1...#ixzz2EgVg5qnn

Last edited by carterstamp; 12-10-2012 at 01:52 PM..

Old 12-10-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
It's a huge government conspiracy. What happened is, somehow the government set things up so that Januray 20 falls on a Sunday next year. By tradition, then, the inauguration festivities would happen the next day, January 21, but that doesn't change the day the president's new term starts.

Thank you for bringing this vital issue to our attention.

Get the government out of our calendars!

Yeah!!!!

I'm (fake) outraged at this (stupid) conspiracy!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:46 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,809,596 times
It has ALWAYS been AMAZING how these "conservatives" grab something out of a blogs and mindlessly run around with it.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:49 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times
Quote:

Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,275,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
This has the press up in arms because they will not be invited either according to the article. What I want to know is what is the actual reason behind this move? I can understand the first time when Obama took the oath and he had to retake it because Chief Justice John Roberts got it wrong. I think Reagan had to take it inside the Capital Rotunda his second term because of bad weather, but the press was still invited.

Blog: Obama may take oath of office in private, without press
Take a look at the date of the inauguration, then think why this might be the reason .

"Another difference this year comes thanks to the calendar. Inauguration Day is Jan. 20, which falls on a Sunday. Chief Justice John Roberts will officially swear in the president at a private White House ceremony at noon that day."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies