Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 12:09 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I'm an engineer. I'm good at math.

What the **** is a "leaner?"
One who leans?

And a "winger" must refer to:

which I can see as a pejorative given my hatred for hair bands.

One must know by now that one cannot use logic in an argument with a birther, no more then one can use it with any conspiracy theorist. These people are not rational, you will not change their minds. They cling to their delusions and dismiss anything that might threaten their belief.

File birthers with the HAARP, chemtrail, NWO, andfaked moon landing crowd, let them sit together in a frenzied feast of mutual ego stroking, whilst the rest of us enjoy the real world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2012, 01:35 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I always wanted them to think that when there are more than 2 sides to anything it is best that one try to learn what both sides are. Many parents had to ask me what my political thinking was since they couldn't tell from their kids.
You've obviously lost whatever teaching quality you had regarding unbiasedly educating people to both sides of the political mosaic as your posts/topics here on CD have shown a very one dimensional viewpoint =Democrats are bad Republicans are good.
As for your obsession with this birther nonsense? as a former teacher you just cant be serious, how do you justify this line of reasoning as a rational thought process from an educated adult?

Old 12-13-2012, 03:31 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I'm an engineer. I'm good at math.

What the **** is a "leaner?"
"Leaner"
Quote:
when a person has a dissenting point of view and backs that view up with fact, the propaganda manufacturer refers to these people as "leaner, or "leaners" if more than one. This terminology is often used on a website named City-Data forum called the Politics and Other Controversies Forum, and often used by Conservatives in attempts to discredit valid liberal findings or debunking.
"Unloading" ~ "Unloaded"
Quote:
the act of removing live rounds from a magazine of a firearm`
the act of removing an employee for less than desirable performance` please see "fired"
the act of removing freight from box cars or trucks using hand trucks and forklifts`

Old 12-13-2012, 05:20 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
[quote=roysoldboy;27305617]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
LOL that's a good one there Carter. I don't know if Roy would have ever figured

So prairie dogs are like moles? I don't think you two know what a prairie dog is or what he looks like. You may know about moles but you sure don't know about those cute little "dogs".

No, roy, it's a joke, you know, like the premise of this thread.

Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Hay roy, I have a personal message from President Obama:

Old 12-13-2012, 05:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Default Birth certificate not available

The president's birth certificate had to be faked because he was not born of human parents but hatched full grown out of the liberal god of justice and equality.

Just ask ROB to confirm.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I would think that if they could just walk into the vault and look they had violated the desire to keep people from seeing it. Maybe state laws apply only to those who aren't involved in running the states. Maybe, also, they violated the law in doing what they seem to have done. If these things are sealed, one would think that nobody should be looking.
Are you being deliberately obtuse?

The birth records the state keeps are like the medical records your doctor keeps. Like the state, the doctor has an obligation to secure your records and maintain your privacy. The doctor doesn't allow random people to look at your records. The state doesn't allow random people to look at birth records. The doctor, though, still can look at your records. And the people that are authorized by the state can look at birth records. The records aren't sealed. The records simply aren't public. Your birth record isn't public. My birth record isn't public. If I were elected to be governor, my birth records, my college transcript would still be private records, not public. Not sealed, but simply not public.

As for releasing them to the public, President Obama has released a copy of his birth certificate. The STATE of HAWAII has verified that the information on that released copy of a birth certificate matches the non-public records that the state keeps. All the blather about layers is blather. Because the function of the birth certificate is to certify that the state will verify the information of the birth certificate. When the state does so, the piece of paper becomes irrelevant, and challenges then have to be made to the state, that it either lied when it verified the information, or that its records-keeping is so shoddy that they cannot be relied upon. The first argument means that state officials had to conspire to hide the truth. And that's improbable because you have different administrations, different political parties involved, with no reason to conspire together to hide the truth. The second argument is even tougher, because the federal government actually sets standards for how records are collected and stored, and checks that those standards are met. So, in fact, the second argument would seek not only to invalidate years of Hawaiian vital statistics records, putting millions of people into legal limbo, but would also be a challenge to the federal government.

College transcripts are simply records of courses taken and grades awarded. They wouldn't contain the application information you desire, and the application information you seek simply isn't kept for decades. So the private transcripts, not sealed, simply not public, are also irrelevant to the birther argument.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:15 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
I think that one big glaring issue this whole birther nonsence brings to light is the screwed up system of justice the USA has. The British system of justice that Canada also has would not permit this idiocy to even be heard in court in the first place. You could file a claim in the court but once the court looked at it and found the claim bogus, it would be over. Any additional attempts in the justice system would most likely bring charges of frivolous abuse of the court against you and even contempt of court if the attempts were persisted.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:40 AM

26,569 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The records aren't sealed.
i've directly pointed this out to the old boy before:

//www.city-data.com/forum/27224139-post173.html

so he's either suffering from selective memory or he's intentionally promoting BS.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:00 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've directly pointed this out to the old boy before:

//www.city-data.com/forum/27224139-post173.html

so he's either suffering from selective memory or he's intentionally promoting BS.
Or, to borrow Roy's phrase, "self-enforced ignorance"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies