Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 02:37 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times

Advertisements

It is the lack of training that increases the danger from firearms. Of course, officers have training and they still kill. Do they have a better track record? The question is really should we outlaw all things that can be a danger if not used correctly? This basic question has already been addressed in our society and you can see this in the local store such as warnings on saws, tools, prescriptions, almost everything has some type of warning and often pages of warnings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 02:55 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If you are right then the serial killer that has been operating on the east coast is a "law abiding citizen" since they haven't been caught yet.

I think you might want to invest some more time on your hypothesis.
You may want to invest some time in reading comprehension.Did I say that everyone who`s ever shot somebody is in jail? I said everyone who`s in jail for misuse of a firearm was a "law abiding citizen" at one time.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:14 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Right... 100 guns more or less. 0 deaths... what is the cost of all those guns? What is the cost/benefit ratio? Seems to me all that steel, production manpower, etc. would have been better off put to some other purpose. I mean... the purpose of a gun is in the end to kill people. What the hell good is it if you never get to fire it in anger?

H
They only thing my iron (or any of my friends) have killed is Moose:

Caribou
Elk
Whitetail Deer
Mule Deer
American Black Bear
Brown Bear
Polar Bear
Mountain Goat
Pronghorn Antelope
Dall’s Sheep
Bighorn Sheep
Coyote
Mountain Lion
Bobcat
Canadian Lynx
American Alligator
Ferrel Pig
Collared Peccary
Muskox
American Bison

All of the suicides (except one) have been by drugs and alcohol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies