Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 12:02 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,896,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That is because of 2010, by 2015 the GOP governors will be much diminished.
Link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Link?
Senate, House, Governor Races - Election Center 2010 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

They are not going to be able to defend them all. Especially when a bunch of them are extremely unpopular.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I can see why, Portland is an amazing liberal city, I loved living there and could possibly see myself moving back there one day.
I don't think it's the brand of liberal you'd enjoy: People here own guns, smoke light drugs, are anti-tax and, more or less, anti-government.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:09 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
I don't think it's the brand of liberal you'd enjoy: People here own guns, smoke light drugs, are anti-tax and, more or less, anti-government.
And, voted 76% democratic.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:10 PM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,873 times
Quote:
Oregon is a poorly managed state, I recommend you throw that one out. My assertion is based on averaging of course. But yes, generally red states are better better managed economically than blue states. The tally on January 2013 will be 31 GOP governors and 18 Democratic governors, surely you take issue with this.
You didn't answer my question: Are you saying that Alabama, Lousiana, and Mississippi are managed better?

Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Point is that people are leaving blue states for red states because they are better managed.

Sources: US Census and pewsocialtrends.org. Creator of map was Mint.com
Please allow me to throw a wrench into your blue/red state thing.

Isn't it a fact that red states have more, or greater numbers of people on welfare, meaning the red states are where most of the slackers are, and oh, yeah, are better managed? If they're better managed, why are the red states not putting those po white and black democratic voters to work.

A week or so ago, one member said that the reason red states got more in welfare $$$$$ was because the red states had more democrat voters (liberal slacker/takers). Wonder why those red states haven't created any jobs for them? because they're democrats?

I guess this blows a hole into the theory that red states are better MANAGED?

Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
You didn't answer my question: Are you saying that Alabama, Lousiana, and Mississippi are managed better?
Saying is one thing, having facts supporting what you've said is quite another

Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpv View Post
All three are managed better than Oregon. Minnesota is probably managed better than all three.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Please allow me to throw a wrench into your blue/red state thing.

Isn't it a fact that red states have more, or greater numbers of people on welfare, meaning the red states are where most of the slackers are, and oh, yeah, are better managed? If they're better managed, why are the red states not putting those po white and black democratic voters to work.

A week or so ago, one member said that the reason red states got more in welfare $$$$$ was because the red states had more democrat voters (liberal slacker/takers). Wonder why those red states haven't created any jobs for them? because they're democrats?

I guess this blows a hole into the theory that red states are better MANAGED?
I must have missed the news highlight where blue states were experiencing robust economic and job growth, didn't require bailouts, are gaining population, and were balancing their budgets.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:15 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,390,751 times
Quote:
I must have missed the news highlight where blue states were experiencing robust economic and job growth, didn't require bailouts, are gaining population, and were balancing their budgets.
Its a known fact the blue states prop up the red states. the whole NE corridor and California get back pennies on the dollar for money they put into the feds, while red states make bank.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies