Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalSanctuaryMan View Post
In other more succinct words, let's legalize drugs for the betterment of the economy and capitalism especially since their is enough circumstantial evidence to claim that drug runners pay for government protection or ignorance and they go about being untaxed, unregulated and unofficial and there is a huge market for narcotics nationwide. Ah, and the War on Drugs is a hypocritical farce that creates a vile economy centered around corrections, rehabilitation, onerous enforcement and massive general corruption.

And drug distribution can be rather lucrative to the common man who would become an upright citizen if drugs were legalized.

Is that it?
LOL!

That's exactly what he said, he just doesn't know it yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2013, 11:47 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
I don't really remember the 60's but I have been told that I had a really good time...

Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I doubt a loose headband would make it any clearer
LOL...that's what i was thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I have no clue what this thread is about.
I participated in the 60s & 70s and have the lack of memory to prove it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
They say if you remember the sixties you weren't really there, and I don't remember a damn thing about the sixties. Though that might have been because I was born in 1979.

Though I did watch Easy Rider a lot growing up and I remember listening to a lot of Strawberry Alarm Clock, and there was that one time we got ahold of some primo Panama Red and Orange Sunshine partying with the Hells Angels in La Honda...
Nothing trippier than listening to Strawberry Alarm Clock. I feel like i'm walking on air when i listen to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I don't really remember the 60's but I have been told that I had a really good time...
I can remember '68 because we moved to Arizona. Can't remember anything before that.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:52 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
Longings?
Wistfull?
Toxic society (
is that what you are saying?............society built on the true " hippie " philosophy of the early to mid 1960's?
..........YES! that is a way to break in down....where was it comming from.....was it natural selection, as it appeared...........just a response to a Capitalistic decision to sell more helo-choppers. OR WAS IT ...A strategy of War.
Or a realization that the "war on drugs" is a total scam and a prime reason the economy is heading over the cliff? Yes , but more...Not a realization/ a peception.........do we really know who 's smoke we are smoking/ and how much is discharged to blow up our kilts. A Failed war on drugs because we need more drugs on the street?
heading over the cliff?...........Not a realization/ a perception.........do we really know who 's smoke we are smoking/ and how much is discharged to blow up our kilts.

A Picture, from who for what, painted with much expense in the American and World's Mind? Or is it real.......

I start from the the sartiristic position of Will Rodgers "I only know what I read in the papers."
Don't bogart that joint... my friend. Pass it o'ver to me!

Old 01-07-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LOL...that's what i was thinking.

Nothing trippier than listening to Strawberry Alarm Clock. I feel like i'm walking on air when i listen to them.

I can remember '68 because we moved to Arizona. Can't remember anything before that.
One hit wonder.... Incense peppermint..

Old 01-07-2013, 12:00 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
One hit wonder.... Incense peppermint..
Yeah, but it was the ambience of the sixties.

Least for me, it was.

For the most part, anyway.

Some part, that is!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:03 PM

Back then I had one of 10 million garage bands that played high school dances and a few clubs. That should kinda tell ya where my head was at back then....

Old 01-07-2013, 12:18 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
......do we really know who 's smoke we are smoking/ and how much is discharged to blow up our kilts.
That's some heavy **** you're layin' on us brother.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:21 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That's some heavy **** you're layin' on us brother.
I can really get behind where he's coming from, man.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
I can really get behind where he's coming from, man.
We should rap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies