Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunValleyRoadKing View Post
Do you have comprehension problems? Nevermind. I already know the answer to that.

Yeah, sure dude. Whatever you say.
It's obvious that my logic makes too much sense. Your responses are evidence that even you agree with what i'm saying, you just have far too much invested in your family's decisions to actually agree with me.

I have no problem whatsoever helping those who have simply fallen on hard times due to no fault of their own. However, I have a very big problem with funding those who make terrible life decisions. While it may be admirable that you love and support your family, it appears that you are much more than just a loving father/grandfather.....you are an enabler and seek to make terrible life decisions justifiably correct simply because of some "rich slob" out there has had the foresight to make good decisions.

Unfortunately, you are not alone in your situation. MILLIONS of people think just like you do. It's nauseating and anti-American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 02:41 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
Have you ever heard of an accident?
There's ways to fix accidents. It's more a matter of carelessness and irresponsibility than an accident.

Quote:
Cry me a river. Wanna hear my list of expenditures with which I disagree? Grow up.
I'm grown up enough to not unecessarily burden others due to my irresponsibility. If you feel so strongly, why aren't you telling them you'll assist rather than have them accept welfare?

Quote:
I'm so proud of you, but I love my family. What is your suggestion? Let the baby starve?
My suggestion is for your SD to get her lazy ***** to work each day and stop expecting others to pay for the child that she and her husband brought into the world through carelessness followed by selfishness. Actions have consequences, or have you never taught her that?

Old 12-12-2012, 06:10 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
It is the business of every taxpaying citizen .
No, actually it is not. Is it your business how fast I drive, since "your" tax money goes towards road maintenance? Is it your business how I spend my money, since I'm a tax-funded employee? Nope. Just because you contribute like $0.0001 to that family's food stamps, it doesn't give you the right to know all of their personal business... if they qualify for assistance, that is the only thing that really matters.

Old 12-12-2012, 06:13 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Can't have freeloaders feeling like....well...freeloaders now can we?

Old 12-12-2012, 06:14 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Frankly, no. I'm sure that a lot of them do feel badly but nothing I have ever seen suggests to me that this is the majority of the recipients. In fact, it has been my experience that most don't give a crap. For the sake of disclosure, I live in an economically mixed neighborhood of Boston and I see EBT cards used with a shocking amount of frequency.
I used to live in Hunter's Point (look it up), and spent a number of years working with the less fortunate... and in my observations, very few if any are "proud" to be on food stamps.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I used to live in Hunter's Point (look it up), and spent a number of years working with the less fortunate... and in my observations, very few if any are "proud" to be on food stamps.
A person doesn't have to be "proud" to be on foodstamps to not be ashamed to be on foodstamps. Do you understand the difference?

Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
Quote:
God you're ignorant. My step daughter receives food stamps because of her newborn child. Adorable, smiling, happy boy. Her husband works his ass off as a manager for Taco Bell. They pay him $10 an hour. She works her ass off taking care of the house, the baby, and her man. Maybe if you'd get out of your mother's basement for an hour or two, you'd get a chance to go around the block, 'cause as it is now, you're as naive as my step grandson, but much uglier.

BTW: The young family is staunchly conservative. Call her a commie. I dare ya.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
Explain what it is exactly that you agree with in that post. Your colleague has been thoroghly dressed for his opinion, so lets hope you've got something resembling a defense since you seem to think he's got it right.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:51 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,650,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Explain what it is exactly that you agree with in that post. Your colleague has been thoroghly dressed for his opinion, so lets hope you've got something resembling a defense since you seem to think he's got it right.
It's unfortunate that they got pregnant. But they don't believe in abortion (you're a right-winger - most of your party wants to outlaw it anyway and would have called her a murderer if she'd had one). The dad works his butt off at a low paying job. She is staying home with the baby while it is an infant. She is not sitting around eating bonbons. She will get a job when the baby is a bit older. They are not stuck in a cycle of poverty. They have family that helps them. This is temporary - a safety net. Changes are very good that they will both be working - contributing to the economy and all that. So it is an investment in the future of a decent, hard working family while they get on their feet after an accident. Gee, what a crime. That's actually what the safety nets are there for and in this case it sounds like a good investment.

People make mistakes. Sometimes they need help. As a society I believe we have to help each other. I don't expect you to understand this, and I know you don't agree and I'm not wasting a lot of time on it. You asked how I felt and I'm telling you.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:12 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,836,753 times
where I come from, Welfare money is called 'Jobseekers Allowance'

how does that term sound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies