Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 08:24 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
16 year old granddaughter is in critical condition because her grandpa thought he needed a handgun to protect his house.

Again, leave the handguns to the guys with badges.

KAALtv.com - Rochester Grandfather Accidentally Shoots Granddaughter
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0

Police Have No Duty to Protect Individuals

Sure, as we can see....they are there to protect...right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:35 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Merton View Post
The temptation to respond to you in kind is hard for me to avoid. You reek of arrogance. In thinking that you are such an expert that you could never cause a tragedy is by itself likely to cause a tragedy.

The very possession of a gun tells me volumes about a person's morality, as well as the idea that they think it will help them in an assault. What it will do is exacerbate a crime into a death, of yourself, someone nearby, or maybe the assailant (in which case you will have no end of legal entanglement, if not a manslaughter prison sentence). All caused by your arrogance.

Stop and think a little. Guns are to kill; haven't you read the New Testament where it makes plain that one should not live by the sword? What does Jesus think of your attitude? All the world's religions except Islam are united on this.
Frank you're a moron. I don't care what Jesus or idiots like you think of me. I live in a neighborhood where I can let the keys in my vehicle and nothing will happen, but my house is still armed. I like guns. I grew up around them. As a kid I didn't have toy guns, if I went near my dad's guns I got smacked. When I turned 12 my dad took me shooting at the range then I started deer hunting. I went deer hunting last week, shot a deer, it felt great. If someone breaks into my house and/or threatens me, then that person has choosen to put their life on the line. I'll shoot, then dial 911. I live in a part of the country where guns are a way of life, crime is low. I will say that the situation is a tragedy. That's why you IDENTIFY your target BEFORE you shoot. However, ANYBODY that wants to take my guns can have them bullets first!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 AM

335 posts, read 334,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Frank you're a moron. I don't care what Jesus or idiots like you think of me.
As they say, one can take a horse to water . . .. I seriously hope you and your loved ones are lucky enough to escape the tragedies that regularly happen to people with your attitudes.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
The "gun nuts" do not have to justify anything. Go to another country if you do not like the laws here.
He's already in another country, Canada.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:41 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Can't wait to hear the gun nuts justify this.

I find your right to speak in this case to be just as dangerous. Best we remove it.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:43 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
Frank you're a moron. I don't care what Jesus or idiots like you think of me. I live in a neighborhood where I can let the keys in my vehicle and nothing will happen, but my house is still armed. I like guns. I grew up around them. As a kid I didn't have toy guns, if I went near my dad's guns I got smacked. When I turned 12 my dad took me shooting at the range then I started deer hunting. I went deer hunting last week, shot a deer, it felt great. If someone breaks into my house and/or threatens me, then that person has choosen to put their life on the line. I'll shoot, then dial 911. I live in a part of the country where guns are a way of life, crime is low. I will say that the situation is a tragedy. That's why you IDENTIFY your target BEFORE you shoot. However, ANYBODY that wants to take my guns can have them bullets first!
Who smacks you now if you go near guns? I hope you have someone.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:44 AM

Missouri boy, 12, playing with grandfather

Old 12-12-2012, 08:47 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Merton View Post
The temptation to respond to you in kind is hard for me to avoid. You reek of arrogance. In thinking that you are such an expert that you could never cause a tragedy is by itself likely to cause a tragedy.

The very possession of a gun tells me volumes about a person's morality, as well as the idea that they think it will help them in an assault. What it will do is exacerbate a crime into a death, of yourself, someone nearby, or maybe the assailant (in which case you will have no end of legal entanglement, if not a manslaughter prison sentence). All caused by your arrogance.

Stop and think a little. Guns are to kill; haven't you read the New Testament where it makes plain that one should not live by the sword? What does Jesus think of your attitude? All the world's religions except Islam are united on this.

Please! Your ignorance really does not deserve a decent response. Guns do in fact stop many assaults. If I kill someone inside of my house I will not face any legal problems here. And please tell me about my morality, since you seem to know so much. I am curious.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 AM

How many times are we told, "I keep my guns locked up." It only takes letting one's guard down a minute or two when you are talking about something as deadly as a gun.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:49 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies