Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 11:43 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times

Advertisements

Most of you right wing talkers seem to find a word, and then carry it around, pull it out of your axx and make like ,it's the word,listen up I know the real truth. Problem is once we do a little digging ,the real truth is quite different. You can't even call them talking points cause it's the twisted truth, not an ideal. It's useless to debate with you, a waist of our time we get quite tired of fact checking lies. Example, my last post and the standard know it all response There are so many holes inn this rebuttal, it's laughable when it comes to a timeline, a historical event, all of a sudden we get a twisted answer...what's the use ?
I will say this, on behalf of sanity and those of us that just want the truth discussed. We leftys are not as dumb as you think, so, just carry on, make your statements , someday you will see what's real and understand that standing naked in a field with egg on your face does not feel so good any more. Fact is, in addition to the false talking point is the fact the People have spoken already, they made their choice...get used to it. !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 03:02 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,649,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
They don't like the idea of workers getting anything more than a pittance..if that.
Where does this thougth come from Democrats?

I am a worker, I want more then a pittance.

I work hard, and earned what I have. In the grand scheme of things its not that much but its mine, I worked and earned it. I have worked with alot of people over the year across several states and cities. And I have seen alot of people go through the motions in life and be upset they have amounted to much.

They generally blame "the man" white men, big companies, rich people, police, the government etc....

When all they have to blame is themselves. You fate is what you make....

I was a ****off going through motions in life, had a moment and realized Life is real, busted my butt and I feel I am doing pretty well in my situation now. I didn't need a union to help me, in fact I had to fight the actions of a union to get where I am.

Nothing ever made me more made then working hard, while others around me did not and we all got paid the same. Luckily I eventually realized it may take a moment but it gets recognized and you get compensated for it.

hence why in the last year I work with people that say my company sucks and should look to unionize, because they got crap raises, while I got nearly $17,000 in raisies doing the same job. But I busted my ass and get more accomplished faster then they do.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Most of you right wing talkers seem to find a word, and then carry it around, pull it out of your axx [SIC] and make like ,it's the word,listen up I know the real truth. Problem is once we do a little digging ,the real truth is quite different. You can't even call them talking points cause it's the twisted truth, not an ideal. It's useless to debate with you, a waist of our time we get quite tired of fact checking lies. Example, my last post and the standard know it all response There are so many holes inn [SIC] this rebuttal, it's laughable when it comes to a timeline, a [SIC] historical event, all of a sudden we get a twisted answer...what's the use ?
I will say this, on behalf of sanity and those of us that just want the truth discussed. We leftys [SIC] are not as dumb as you think, so, just carry on, make your statements , someday you will see what's real and understand that standing naked in a field with egg on your face does not feel so good any more. Fact is, in addition to the false talking point is the fact the People have spoken already, they made their choice...get used to it. !
The Word: Freedom

The People: freely elected representatives who decided that the People should have the Freedom to CHOOSE whether or not they want to belong to a union in order to hold a job.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:09 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,165,647 times
Why is it that the Left only gets up in arms about defending CHOICE when it involves ripping a baby from a mother's womb?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmissourimule View Post
If it were up to me I would fire 100% of them and hire back the ones who are competent. The unons would be junked and the teachers paid for performance instead of merely occupying a place on the personnel charts. And I'm being totally serious.

These people get paid for 12 months and work nine months and some don't have the sense to come in out of the rain.
But they do get attacked by gunmen and their first thought is to protect YOUR children....and do.

I really don't think they should be making minimum wage and judged on their ability to fight off shooters..

YOU couldn't handle the job.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:28 PM

389 posts, read 1,219,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
But they do get attacked by gunmen and their first thought is to protect YOUR children....and do.

I really don't think they should be making minimum wage and judged on their ability to fight off shooters..

How many Chicago teachers are making minimum wage?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
I never said they were ...are you halucinating again?

Old 12-14-2012, 05:39 PM

389 posts, read 1,219,091 times
Quote:
I never said they were ...are you halucinating again?
You are the one talking about minimum wage.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:

Good reply, many Teachers have a hard time getting by on what their school district " allows". It's odd that many times these are well healed districts, in the burbs.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I would hope not ! Chicago teachers are working in a war zone. I know several, that are packing heat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies