Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Victor View Post
I keep my Lake City SS109 M855s to make SURE they don't succeed. I already know their tactics and what's "in their bag". I was trained to get rid of them in the first place.

I shoot with a M1A at ranges from 3 mt to 750 mt at my local range. I shoot quite a bit, and stand there to defend against the UN ilk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfstorage View Post
Except for law enforcement and the military what problems would arise if there were no guns in this country? I suppose we would have 30,000 more people alive every year. What's that, about a million folks in some 30 odd years? I guess people couldn't go hunting. Well, there's always the grocery store. So, what would be the major problem if there were no guns in the citizenry?
Ask the Jews that lived in Germany when hitler was voted into power and the first thing he did was enact very strict gun ownership laws.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:36 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,336,999 times
If there were no guns in this country then there would be dozens of children that would still be alive today.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 PM

1,684 posts, read 1,185,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I shoot with a M1A at ranges from 3 mt to 750 mt at my local range. I shoot quite a bit, and stand there to defend against the UN ilk.
I hear ya...I own a Springer National Match M1A and a Armalite AR-10A2 in 7.62. My ARs range from a NAM era carbine to a M-4 A3...to a Government A2 and H-BAR A3. We Marines like our Government and H-BAR models. Save the M-4 for the Army guys.

I want to reach out and touch 'em.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:50 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
If there were no guns in this country then there would be dozens of children that would still be alive today.
It scares me for our future that you and millions believe this. The little utopia that exists in your head has not, nor ever will exist. There is evil in this world. If guns were he problem, there would be a massacre every single day by one of the millions of legal and responsible gun owners.

And until someone can explain he logic of gun control, and at the same time tell me how it's helped places like Chicago and DC, you have no leg to stand on.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:00 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
It scares me for our future that you and millions believe this. The little utopia that exists in your head has not, nor ever will exist. There is evil in this world. If guns were he problem, there would be a massacre every single day by one of the millions of legal and responsible gun owners.

And until someone can explain he logic of gun control, and at the same time tell me how it's helped places like Chicago and DC, you have no leg to stand on.
Actually, murder rates in inner cities are down across the board. My city was averaging close to 1,000 murders per year in the early 90's. Now its down in the 300 range. Even DC has improved:

As D.C. Crime Rates Drop, Economic Prosperity Skyrockets « A Smarter Planet Blog

Things could be even better though. We still lag terribly behind our peers, and it's the lax gun laws that are the culprit IMO.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:31 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Actually, murder rates in inner cities are down across the board. My city was averaging close to 1,000 murders per year in the early 90's. Now its down in the 300 range. Even DC has improved:

As D.C. Crime Rates Drop, Economic Prosperity Skyrockets « A Smarter Planet Blog

Things could be even better though. We still lag terribly behind our peers, and it's the lax gun laws that are the culprit IMO.
Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.. How is that working for them?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Too bad you can't buy brains at a gun shop.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:06 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post

DC improved after the handgun ban was overturned. Coincidence?

Old 12-15-2012, 12:08 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Too bad you can't buy brains at a gun shop.
If they ever do, make sure you are the first in line...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies