Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That's just his stand your ground defense. If I was trying to get away from someone, I wouldn't waste time backing up. I'd just get out of there.
I agree. Let's convict him of murder because if it was Fox Terrier in the car he wouldn't have backed up.

Or on second thought, you aren't her and you weren't there, so what you'd do is irrelevant. What you'd hypothetically do in a similar situation has no bearing on what he or she actually did.

Maybe before we declare his defense invalid the situation should be judged on the facts of what actually occurred.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:12 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Did he deserve to get shot..?? No

Ferrari 458 Spider Runs Over Cop - YouTube
Ferrari 458 Spider Runs Over Cop - YouTube

But he deserved to get his a** whipped... he knew what he was doing.
A Competent African American Sworn Law Enforcement Officer getting his foot ran over.......and Not (Shooting Anybody)........

Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,668,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarius View Post
Crime rate is way down but I don't expect people like you to know that. The shape America is in is much better crime wise.

Scared men with guns and hero complexes are becoming a real problem. Until one is made to pay this will only grow. It said she has a dad.
You keep saying she had a dad.

So?

Gawd!

He obviously FAILED.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The kids were in the car and he didn't even know there were kids in the car. Where did you get your story from ?

Now who put you inside of this Sworn Law Enforcement officer head , whereas you can determine what he did and didn't know....?

Old 12-12-2012, 02:25 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No but assault with a vehicle can get you killed.
True. However, it sucks to be the one killed when you were NOT the driver. The dead woman was not driving.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:27 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
True. However, it sucks to be the one killed when you were NOT the driver. The dead woman was not driving.
It sucks, but when she entered the car in an attempt to flee, she bought herself the responsibility of the driver as well as her own... No different than being in the car when a drive by happens... If you are in the car, you are guilty..

Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Yeah, and I was a professional combatant hired and trained by your government.. When my life was threatened, and the lives of those around me, I didn't always have a cool calm manner.. This mans life was being threatened, irrespective of whether you take it seriously or not.... He reacted.... If she didn't shoplift, we wouldn't be having this discussion at all...
I'm a veteran of two different USA Military Services and know Sworn Law Enforcement Officers and have some in my family....they train you at the academy not to over react to a very minor crime , and not to fire on vehicle with children or babies in them over a minor crime like "SHOPLIFTING"......

Old 12-12-2012, 02:32 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It sucks, but when she entered the car in an attempt to flee, she bought herself the responsibility of the driver as well as her own... No different than being in the car when a drive by happens... If you are in the car, you are guilty..
Legal responsibility. Being accidentally shot by an off-duty police officer (who incidentally missed his target) is not the same as being charged with the crime.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:33 PM

469 posts, read 1,870,427 times
All of this over shoplifting. As a security guard, you just have to know when to stop the pursuit. It's just not worth it after that. Especially over some cheaply made items that the store won't even miss and can/will replace. Once they reached the car and driving away, let it go! Not worth pursuing it anymore. Take down the plates and report it. Even in the article it mentioned they purchased some of the items, if they used a card you have their information right there. No need to play Cowboy and save the world.

This deputy/security guard has a power trip (like many of them). Who take it as a personal offense when they command someone to do something and they don't comply. And one of the women hit him with her purse, so now personal anger is involved. So of course he's not going to think rationally and stop the pursuit when it becomes dangerous. He's emotionally invested now. That bullet could have easily struck and killed someone nearby. He put himself in that dangerous position between the car door and car.

All he had to do is let it go. These women would have been caught and dealt with accordingly.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The security guard was a cop. He's always working as a cop. That's why law enforcement is a PROFESSION.

And he didn't try to barricade a car with his car.

He pursued three shoplifters who had assaulted him with their purses into a parking lot, and he opened their car door to prevent them from driving off. The driver put the car into reverse to run him down. He reacted to the threat by firing his weapon.
In Bold first statement is a outright Lie " Second Statement is unknown at the moment "......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies