Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times

Advertisements

Goodness. I don't know what planet the OP lives on - but my health costs have been rising every SINGLE year for the past 15 years.

Seriously? This is a surprise to the OP?

Recently I changed health carriers when I moved and I found I was entitled to some 'free' preventative care. At least I'm getting SOMETHING for these premiums that inflate every year regardless of what I do or don't do.

Let's all join in the Republican chorus - It's Obama's fault!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 09:51 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Any NEWS organization would have, at the very least, offered a a hint of objectivity. You posted a link to the government agency responsible for the atrocity, and expect people to believe that it's unbiased? The people behind that site/agency DEPEND ON OBAMACARE FOR THEIR LIVELIHOODS. Ya think that they might have a reason to twist reality just a bit? Just maybe?

You did yourself and your argument no favors by posting that link. If anything, you demonstrated that your position relies on publications produced by the organization that stands to benefit the most. Why on earth should anybody accept it, and your argument, as credible?

Would you accept at face value a report from the NRA which stated that guns are perfectly safe and that they should be issued at birth to everyone? How about if Monsanto published a study saying that GMO food was not only safe, but beneficial, when compared to non-GMO food? If Exxon put out a paper that stated that burning fossil fuels was good for the environment, you'd be hunky-dory with it, right?

Come on, L, you're not dumb, and you're not (usually) so blindingly partisan. Be intellectually honest about this.
Well, I do tend to believe, until shown that the information is wrong, such government sites (which presumably have access to the pertinent facts and figures). I have yet to see anyone come forward and say "Here! This indpendent study shows that health insurance rates have NOT risen during the past decade, or did not rise as much as this report states".

Old 12-14-2012, 09:57 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Just wait until all this free care becomes rationed care because as pointed out above somebody has to pay for it and there money isn't there to pay for it. Enjoy your magical healthcare lefties that you will never see. You think you will is all that matters. You will read a story about how the new wonderful healthcare saved some illegal from some debilitating disease or what have you and your heart will go all a flutter. Meanwhile thousands die from not being cared for because they are deemed not worth saving by some panel somewhere in DC. Not cost effective. Your parents blood could be on your hands but as long as you feel good now that is all that matters.
Please stop watching Foxnews. The fear instilled by foxnews permeates your post.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:00 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Goodness. I don't know what planet the OP lives on - but my health costs have been rising every SINGLE year for the past 15 years.

Recently I changed health carriers when I moved and I found I was entitled to some 'free' preventative care. At least I'm getting SOMETHING for these premiums that inflate every year regardless of what I do or don't do.

I guess you fail to realize that Obamacare was sold on reducing costs!!! No shock a swooner ignores all that was said about a bill nobody read.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:00 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

And enforced at federal level instead of letting states decide for themselves? I believe 38 states have Tort Reform but there is no evidence of cost savings. And there is another reason for that: all that tort reform does is limits accountability but does not guarantee prevention of excessive procedures (as long as providers are going to be paid on procedures).

Another BIG reason for costs is big fish trying to eat the small ones that threaten to consume the same resources, as we expect in capitalism.
true as well- unncessary procedures are done by doctors to satisfy hospital system quotas. Tenet is notorious for this.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Please stop watching Foxnews. The fear instilled by foxnews permeates your post.
So you have nothing to say. No surprise.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

seems since Obama made the claim:
Fact check: 'Obamacare' hasn't yet reduced health insurance costs - Los Angeles Times
President Obama reiterated a claim that his health care law will reduce costs, a promise he made when he started pushing for an overhaul as a candidate four years ago.
Then, Obama said he would cut family health insurance premiums by $2,500 by the end of his first term

Seems it must either be Obamas fault or Obama is a liar or Obama was so clueless as to what effect Obama care would have
So if he knew he was lieing he is just shown once again his character to lie and cheat the American people

So if he is so incompetent about the knowledge of what would happen in the bill then he has shown his incompetence

Either was it Obamas fault... yes .. only a liberal progressive would be happy to let him be incompetent or a liar

Old 12-14-2012, 10:49 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,458,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
You said a mouthful there--and you are wrong.

Prostate cancer screening and treatment, taken as a whole, is a net loss in money, quality of life, and the length of life itself. Rigorous double blind studies of mammography show no benefit in terms of longevity, versus no mammography. If we truly had a rational system, much of what passes for 'preventive care' would not be covered at all.
Too bad evidence-based coverage decisions got shot down by the 'rationing' crowd. People want health care costs to go down, but they also want to be able to throw the kitchen sink in with their treatment when they get sick.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I guess you fail to realize that Obamacare was sold on reducing costs!!! No shock a swooner ignores all that was said about a bill nobody read.
The OP was agonizing about the apparently (new) fact that healthcare costs are rising and attempting to blame it on Obama.

I merely pointed out that for the rest of the world, healthcare costs have been rising for many,many years.

I will keep you posted when Obama care actually begins and THEN we can see what the costs are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies