Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 10:23 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You have been reported Toreador. No reason to get snarky.
I never once committed a personal attack against you in this thread. I have danced around that line, but never crossed it.

Not my fault you are not able to distinguish between personal attacks and broad observations of your character. Two completely different things, but hey if you feel accomplished...

Old 12-17-2012, 10:25 PM

Quote:
They divorced---want to discuss what divorce does to kids? Off topic but research says it hurts society as well.
Lets. I was raised by a single mother and I joined the military and did more for this country in four years than you have thus far.

What was that about marriage being between a man and a woman? The damn near 60% divorce rate? Some sacred institution that is, huh?

Old 12-17-2012, 10:32 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,099,924 times
Quote:
They divorced---want to discuss what divorce does to kids? Off topic but research says it hurts society as well.
They did in fact divorce - but the kids were grown when that took place.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:43 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Lets. I was raised by a single mother and I joined the military and did more for this country in four years than you have thus far.

What was that about marriage being between a man and a woman? The damn near 60% divorce rate? Some sacred institution that is, huh?
I agree there. It all started with divorce. Weakening family structure and not allowing children to have a father and mother in the same home. Putting the children between the two of them, making the child go between two homes. Horrible.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
They did in fact divorce - but the kids were grown when that took place.
The murderer was 17 at the time and he had problems on top of it. Not a good thing for him for sure.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Doesn't change the fact that he had two fathers. Heavenly and step are just additions to what they are (were) to Jesus Christ: his father. Spruce it up all you want and justify however you wish, but the fact remains that Jesus had two daddies.

No we don't. I don't believe in your 'god'. I am agnostic and will not tolerate you attempting to force your religion on me.

Because you are not qualified to explain anything to anyone, puppet. You have no thoughts or opinions of your own just whatever flavor of the week is by the Catholic Church.

Your opinion means next to nothing since you're just a puppet. Hell, Kermit the Frog's opinion means more to me than yours does.

Now why don't you actually attempt to salvage what little respect you have in this thread and tell us in your own words how "Gay Marriage will effect society". You have yet to do so.
The Catholic Church is 2000 years old, hardly a flavor of the week. LOL Plus stop calling me names.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I agree there. It all started with divorce. Weakening family structure and not allowing children to have a father and mother in the same home. Putting the children between the two of them, making the child go between two homes. Horrible.
What's the point to this response? What are you getting at? What are you even addressing?

Children in a Same-Sex Couple house hold are just as fine as children in a straight couple house hold. I dont' see why you still feel the need to treat your fellow Americans like second-class citizens.

It's unconstitutional...or does your little book trump that since you're having your strings pulled by the Catholic Church?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:51 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Jesus had one heavenly Father and one earthly step-father. Both were fathers though but not the same kind and he had one mother. Not 2 earthly mothers or 2 earthly fathers.
What's the word for "step-father" in Aramaic?

Old 12-18-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
What's the point to this response? What are you getting at? What are you even addressing?

Children in a Same-Sex Couple house hold are just as fine as children in a straight couple house hold. I dont' see why you still feel the need to treat your fellow Americans like second-class citizens.

It's unconstitutional...or does your little book trump that since you're having your strings pulled by the Catholic Church?
I thought someone posted a study on here that disproved children were just fine in gay households.

The bible trumps anything in my view, God's word. By the way the bible it is a Catholic book. Bible first, constitution second. Many agree with this, not just me.

Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
I know, literally, hundreds of bisexual women, including my wife. Almost every one of them is married or in a LTR with a man. In my wife's case, while she enjoys having sex with women (bonus!), she could not see herself dating one. Several other women I know have said similar.

Whether or not this has any significance about anything I don't know.
Yes, it has significance - if they are with men because they are more attracted to them, they aren't lesbians. Even if they fool around with women form time to time/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies