Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 10:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Show me any verses that is pro-homosexuality.
It's all open to interpretation, which means: There is no right answer.

BBC NEWS | UK | Magazine | What does the Bible actually say about being gay?

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 12-13-2012 at 11:20 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 10:29 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
There are no words for this. If gays weren't thought of revising history............. then this should open peoples eyes. As a devout Christian, I can not accept this. One thing is for sure, this will be interesting to see how they retranslate to appease them. After all, the Bible is pretty specific. I think when gays start playing God and playing with the world of God, they are playing with fire.

[MOD CUT/hotlinking[

‘Queen James Bible’: Now There’s a Gay-Friendly Version of Scripture | TheBlaze.com
Instead of having a hissy fit, read the links. You will discover that 8 verses were retranslated and the rationale behind the new translations: queenjamesbible.com/gay-bible/

And why this new translation is named the Queen James Bible -
Quote:
The King James Bible is the most popular Bible of all time, and arguably the most important English language document of all time. The brainchild and namesake of King James I, who wanted an English language Bible that all could own and read, it has been in print for over 400 years and has brought more people to Christ than any other Bible translation. Commonly known to biographers but often surprising to most Christians, King James I was a well-known bisexual. Though he did marry a woman, his many gay relationships were so well-known that amongst some of his friends and court, he was known as “Queen James.” It is in his great debt and honor that we name The Queen James Bible so.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
King James was a homosexual....so it was already interpreted to favor homosexuals to begin with. If they hadn't interpreted it so the word spared homosexuals.....well, then you know what Kings do to those who've offended them.
Homosexuals were never even mentioned in the original Hebrew and Greek.

Old 12-14-2012, 03:15 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Show me any verses that is pro-homosexuality.
Show me any verses which are pro megachurches on tv?

Homosexuality wasn't really understood as a sexual orientation back then. It wasn't mentioned at all in the Bible.

Male rape and sacred shrine prostitution aren't homosexuality.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:21 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Homosexuals were never even mentioned in the original Hebrew and Greek.
You have never even seen the "original Hebrew or Greek", so let's not be pretentious...

You only have revisionist history to cling on to. Whether it was or wasn't mentioned in the original scriptures is not something that cannot be argued pragmatically.. But, common sense would tell you, that society hasn't come this far vilifying homosexuality out of nowhere.

Even pillaging the piecemeal of history....civilizations where homosexuality was openly accepted were extremely isolated.

But King James was openly gay...we know that much.

Last edited by Hot_Handz; 12-14-2012 at 07:50 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 07:24 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Isn't it between them and Him anyway?

That is the way I see it.

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
I think you should be more worried about the people who pick and choose which parts of the Bible they want to follow and then turn around and judge those who don't fit description of "normal"...

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
And it starts. Who didn't know that the homosexual community would be chipping away at Christianity. It's their goal, that's why they are so stuck on "marriage" and don't want civil unions. It's all a ruse to cause trouble.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:26 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And it starts. Who didn't know that the homosexual community would be chipping away at Christianity. It's their goal, that's why they are so stuck on "marriage" and don't want civil unions. It's all a ruse to cause trouble.
I am assuming as a good Christian you follow ALL parts of the Bible...? You live by the book right?

Old 12-14-2012, 07:39 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Even Thomas Jefferson (often quoted by our conservative friends herein) created his own Bible. Indeed, you may travel to Washington D.C. and view the actual book he 'cut and pasted' together (I guess that Mr. Jefferson was the very first person to resort to 'cutting and pasting', now used to such effect by many CD'ers):

Thomas Jefferson's Bible | The Jefferson Bible, National Museum of American History, Smithsonian Institution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies