Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 06:33 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,771 times

Advertisements

There are no words for this. If gays weren't thought of revising history............. then this should open peoples eyes. As a devout Christian, I can not accept this. One thing is for sure, this will be interesting to see how they retranslate to appease them. After all, the Bible is pretty specific. I think when gays start playing God and playing with the world of God, they are playing with fire.

[MOD CUT/hotlinking[

‘Queen James Bible’: Now There’s a Gay-Friendly Version of Scripture | TheBlaze.com

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-13-2012 at 08:04 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 06:37 PM

753 posts, read 727,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
There are no words for this. If gays weren't thought of revising history............. then this should open peoples eyes. As a devout Christian, I can not accept this. One thing is for sure, this will be interesting to see how they retranslate to appease them. After all, the Bible is pretty specific. I think when gays start playing God and playing with the world of God, they are playing with fire.

Image of Queen James Bible

‘Queen James Bible’: Now There’s a Gay-Friendly Version of Scripture | TheBlaze.com
I know where they can get some "Bible Re-Interpretation" tips:
Conservative Bible Project - Conservapedia
Conservative Bible Project Cuts Out Liberal Passages

Old 12-13-2012, 06:38 PM

13,413 posts, read 9,945,815 times
Quote:

Sure there are.... fabulous immediately springs to mind.

Hey, everyone else has played with the word of God and re-translated to appease them. It's not like God is going to be shocked by it at this point. Isn't it between them and Him anyway? Why do you care?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 PM

769 posts, read 1,006,825 times
Same-sex marriage is going to be legal in all 50 states (hopefully extremely soon) and society as a whole is progressing beyond it being an issue at all. Rapidly. Get over it, please.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
There are no words for this. If gays weren't thought of revising history............. then this should open peoples eyes
The Bible is not a history book. It's a book of fantasy. I bet there's even a Jewish version. Oh wait...

Old 12-13-2012, 06:43 PM

753 posts, read 727,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The Bible is not a history book. It's a book of fantasy. I bet there's even a Jewish version. Oh wait...
There's even an Upstate New York version...

Old 12-13-2012, 06:46 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,460,508 times
It's just another interpretation of God's words. Which of the following are God's word and which are blasphemy?

2 Timothy 3:16

New International Version
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

New Living Translation
All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

English Standard Version
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

New American Standard Bible
All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,

International Standard Version
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

King James Bible
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
Every writing which is written by The Spirit is profitable for teaching, for correction, for direction and for a course in righteousness,

GOD'S WORD® Translation
Every Scripture passage is inspired by God. All of them are useful for teaching, pointing out errors, correcting people, and training them for a life that has God's approval.

King James 2000 Bible
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

American King James Version

American Standard Version
Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness.

Douay-Rheims Bible
All scripture, inspired of God, is profitable to teach, to reprove, to correct, to instruct in justice,

Darby Bible Translation
Every scripture is divinely inspired, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for correction, for instruction in righteousness;

English Revised Version
Every scripture inspired of God is also profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for instruction which is in righteousness:

Webster's Bible Translation

Weymouth New Testament
Every Scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for convincing, for correction of error, and for instruction in right doing;

World English Bible
Every Scripture is God-breathed and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness,

Young's Literal Translation
every Writing is God-breathed, and profitable for teaching, for conviction, for setting aright, for instruction that is in righteousness,

Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
After all, the Bible is pretty specific.
I think when gays start playing God and playing with the world of God, they are playing with fire.
That's what they said about King James when he did it too.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:09 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,380,142 times
Quote:

Image of Queen James Bible

It was conservative translators who first incorrectly used the word 'homosexuals' as a translation of the Koine Greek word arsenokoites (1 Cor 6:9) in 1946.

The KJV translators had also translated the Hebrew word qadesh as 'sodomite', when a more accurate phrase was temple prostititute Blue Letter Bible - Lexicon

Just one example is Deut 23:17: "None 3808 of the daughters 1323 of Israel 3478 shall be a cult6945 prostitute,6945 nor 3808 shall any 4480 of the sons 1121 of Israel 3478 be a cult6945 prostitute.6945

This has already been corrected in most modern English versions anyway.

What's wrong with correcting mistakes like that and clarifying other verses in the cultural contexts in which they were originally written?

The example they give of the story of Sodom is also correct. Rape is about domination and humiliation not sexual attraction. The townsmen of Sodom were not 'gay'. Just as the townsmen in the story of the Levite stranger in Judges 19 were obviously not 'gay'.

I see this as a good thing, although I don't think calling it Queen James Bible is a good idea.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:11 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
although I don't think calling it Queen James Bible is a good idea.
No it's not!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.