Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 10:59 PM

589 posts, read 850,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I must say, if I was this woman, I would go into hiding for a while after she was totally annihilated by Neil Cavuto yesterday. She showed her true colors when she was hard pressed for a simple answer from a simple question. She could not come up with a answer. I don't know which is worse, Rep Sheila Jackson Lee who said 'Entitlements are Earned' or this woman.

Video
‘Shut Up!’ Neil Cavuto and Dem Rep. Battle it Out in Must See Interview | Video | TheBlaze.com

Cavuto repeatedly pressed Rep. Johnson for specifics on what Democrats would be willing to cut as part of a budget agreement.

“No, you told me things you’d do to raise taxes. That’s what you told me. Credits, allowances, that sort of stuff. That’s what you told me,” Cavuto said.

“You’ve got to talk about revenue generation,” the congresswoman replied.

“I know that, but it’s 100 percent of what you’re talking about, congresswoman,” said Cavuto.

“It is not 100 percent of what I’m talking about. If you’d shut up for just a second, I would try,” she responded.

Cavuto shot back: “You got to tell me one thing you’d cut. I beg you congresswoman, one thing you would say, I would cut this. What would it be?”

Rep. Johnson thought for a moment and responded: “You.”

A pause.

“You don’t know, do you?” asked Cavuto.
Granted, not all Dems are the sharpest knives in the drawer. We do have the occasional problem. But, I'll tell you the primary difference between Dems and Repugnicans.

When we have a problem, we shuffle them to the back of the room. Repugnicans have them run for President or Senate. (Palin, Bachmann, Angle, O'Donnell)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 11:12 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I must say, if I was this woman, I would go into hiding for a while after she was totally annihilated by Neil Cavuto yesterday. She showed her true colors when she was hard pressed for a simple answer from a simple question. She could not come up with a answer. I don't know which is worse, Rep Sheila Jackson Lee who said 'Entitlements are Earned' or this woman.

Video
[URL="http://www.theblaze.com/stories/shut-up-neil-cavuto-and-dem-rep-battle-it-out-in-must-see-interview/"]‘Shut Up!’ Neil Cavuto and Dem Rep. Battle it Out in Must See Interview | Video | TheBlaze.com[/URL]

Cavuto repeatedly pressed Rep. Johnson for specifics on what Democrats would be willing to cut as part of a budget agreement.

“No, you told me things you’d do to raise taxes. That’s what you told me. Credits, allowances, that sort of stuff. That’s what you told me,” Cavuto said.

“You’ve got to talk about revenue generation,” the congresswoman replied.

“I know that, but it’s 100 percent of what you’re talking about, congresswoman,” said Cavuto.

“It is not 100 percent of what I’m talking about. If you’d shut up for just a second, I would try,” she responded.

Cavuto shot back: “You got to tell me one thing you’d cut. I beg you congresswoman, one thing you would say, I would cut this. What would it be?”

Rep. Johnson thought for a moment and responded: “You.”

A pause.

“You don’t know, do you?” asked Cavuto.
I think she is related to the bozo who expressed concerns that Guam might capsize from having too many people on it.

It is truly stunning that there are places where morons like her and the Rep with Guam capsizing issues, attract enough votes to win election.

It is also instructive to note that both this Dingbat and the other moron are both DemocRATS

Old 12-14-2012, 11:17 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
So don't we go back a few hundred years and only let male, white, landowners, vote.

Fortunately, we have a Constitution that bestows voting rights upon citizens and doesn't limit it to an elite class.
Hyperbole. Being a taxpayer is not an "elite class". Basing the vote on how money is spent upon whether or not you contributed any of that money is in no way whatsoever comparable to basing it on gender or race.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:54 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
How did she get on the show? Obviously she's not generally recognized by viewers (and I had never heard of her before this), so she's not an obvious choice for a guest. Did Fox pick out the weakest link?
Some liberals are never satisfied.

First they claim FOX never has the opposing side on, which is wrong.

FOX is racist. they never have minorities on, which is wrong.

Here we have black woman who is a member of Congress on and the still whine.

Are you saying FOX should NOT have black women members of Congress on because they are stupid?

FOX didn't elect her. Her constituents did. It is NOT Fox's fault.

Maybe she isn't well known because her part leaders won't let on TV. Hmm. I wonder why!

Old 12-15-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
She certainly should be held to account but Fox did viewers a disservice by not finding someone capable of articulating a case.
What a stupid position.

What part don't you get?

She is an elected member of Congress. She SHOULD be expected to articulate an answer to a very simple question.

If she can vote on issues she should be expected to discuss those issue with intelligence.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
Granted, not all Dems are the sharpest knives in the drawer. We do have the occasional problem. But, I'll tell you the primary difference between Dems and Repugnicans.

When we have a problem, we shuffle them to the back of the room. Repugnicans have them run for President or Senate. (Palin, Bachmann, Angle, O'Donnell)
Please supply the solutions offered by Kerry, Lieberman, H. Clinton, etc.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 PM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I think she is related to the bozo who expressed concerns that Guam might capsize from having too many people on it.

It is truly stunning that there are places where morons like her and the Rep with Guam capsizing issues, attract enough votes to win election.

It is also instructive to note that both this Dingbat and the other moron are both DemocRATS
Let's hear it for that idiot moron, representing the parasite vote in Georgia, Hank Johnson!

3-25-2010_Hank_Johnson_Guam_Tip_Over.wmv - YouTube

I'm serious, they should not be allowed to vote. We will make changes or perish.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:17 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
How did she get on the show? Obviously she's not generally recognized by viewers (and I had never heard of her before this), so she's not an obvious choice for a guest. Did Fox pick out the weakest link?
After starring on such puff programs as MSNBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, these liberals half wits think than can go on Fox and breeze their way through an interview. Yet, why is Obomba so chicken to go on Fox, eh? Learned his lesson me thinks.

Sharpton, Rangel, the NY crowd learned their lesson. They're either prepared and just avoid having to defend themselves.

Seesm Susan Rice learned how to cut her teeth on Fox Sunday morning, tool. 'It was a fantasy... It was a fantasy'. Like Dorothy repeats it three times and suddenly thinks she's on Georgie SteppeinWhatsopoppolous's program.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:20 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
geezus calling this lady economically ignorant would be too kind

Old 12-15-2012, 01:21 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,210,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
geezus calling this lady economically ignorant would be too kind
Yet she represents half of Dallas. The blue half I suspect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies