Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 11:15 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Vernen Baker was awarded his MOH in '97 and is from my area. A true hero. RIP.

Vernon Baker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I forgot about that. Clinton awarded seven black WW2 vets the MOH back when he was president because none were awarded to them back in the 40s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 11:21 AM

1,501 posts, read 1,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So the left seeks more information on this case but was quick to blame Zimmerman without finding all the info. The left wants to take time to have all the info in this case but blames a film for our ambassador getting killed when it was not true. Seems so many on the left are selective as to when they want to wait to get the facts and when they want to condemn
You really got me there. Thank goodness the right is never selective about when it jumps to conclusions or waits for more info. I couldn't tell you how many comments I saw about the "religion of peace" before the truth came out when that right winger went nuts in Norway. Never mind the multiple page thread we recently had in response to a satire piece about Obama.

FYI, I don't claim to speak for or no what anyone on "the left" thinks.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:25 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
To recap:

Two guys go to a party,
One assaults the other,
The assaulter gets arrested.

How is this politics or controversy?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
It's not important that the veteran status or race of the attacker be mentioned.
Oh yes it is important..............it's very important that the veteran status be mentioned that he is a Medal Of Honor recipient. He is a hero who saved 36 lives in combat while single handedly killing 8 Taliban in the process. That is why every media outlet reporting this list the victim (Sgt. Dakota Meyer) as a Medal of Honor recipient in its headlines.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
To recap:

Two guys go to a party,
One assaults the other,
The assaulter gets arrested.

How is this politics or controversy?
Because the victim was a rare Medal Of Honor recipient who saved 36 lives in combat. That is why this is news.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:39 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Oh yes it is important..............it's very important that the veteran status that he is a Medal Of Honor recipient be mentioned. He is a hero who saved 36 lives in combat while single handedly killing 8 Taliban in the process. That is why every media outlet reporting this list the victim, Sgt. Dakota Meyer, as a Medal of Honor recipient in its headlines.
Because veterans are NEVER victims of crimes.

I get the impression you believe that just because a person is a veteran, it grants them a special exemption from bad things. Here a veteran got assaulted. In another thread a marine is in jail for breaking the law in a foreign nation.

Hey, I got an idea, I'll just walk down the street buck naked with my DD214 taped to my ass. When the cops show up, they'll see I'm a veteran and politely let me continue after saluting me for my service.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Approximately the same percentage voted for Al Gore and John Kerry and Bill Clinton, genius. Using your "logic," they should have been voting in droves for Herman Cain in 2012 or Alan Keyes in 2000 or Jesse Jackson in 1988. God, you people are brilliant.

Now, would you be a dear and give me an example of a time when 95% of whites voted for a black candidate? We'll start with just one example. I've given you three examples of 90+% of blacks voting for white candidates, and now I'll await a similar example of whites doing that.

Shall we tally up all the guilty as sin whites who have been set free by white juries over the history of this republic and compare it to your OJ example? Would you like that?
They sure are rooting for this to happen with that adoptive white, George Zimmerman.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
In todays world it matter Little . A white man getting attacked by a black teen is always the white mans fault. You see so few liberals condem this kind of action
Read the damn thread.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
I forgot about that. Clinton awarded seven black WW2 vets the MOH back when he was president because none were awarded to them back in the 40s.
Sadly, Baker was the only one still alive to receive it, the others had passed.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Sadly, Baker was the only one still alive to receive it, the others had passed.
That is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies