Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 11:33 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I was wondering when someone would bring up that ONE horrific event.

ONE event - compared to how many people die by gun violence each year in this country?
No, one event compared to one event.

Its everyone else that wants to take ONE EVENT and spin it into something bigger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,608 posts, read 2,096,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Texas's lax gun laws weren't able to prevent the massacres at Texas Tech or Luby's.

You can't stop everything. But, as countless statistics show, you can cut down murder rates exponentially with stricter gun laws.
What about South Dakota and Wyoming and most of Montana and on and on and on...

I have a feeling most sheriffs who have more power than the FEDS are gun owners and they wont go along with your ideas...

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Can you elaborate on what you consider is a sensible gun regulation?

So "sensible" that Nancy Lanza, school teacher, couldn't get one?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:34 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Not really, you wanted prayer out of school and for no one else to have it in school. So it was taken out.
Oh just stop will you? It's nonsense. Anyone can pray in school and there are Christians and bible clubs and all sorts of religious whathaveyou wherever you go. What exactly are you complaining about? EXACTLY? Tell me, I want to know right now. You want all teachers to be your version of bible believing spirit filled Christians who teach the same to every student don't you? Admit that and call it a night.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:34 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyyo View Post
Are we safe anywhere anymore? I mean our kids can not go to k-12 schools without the chance of being shot to death, we can not go shopping at a mall without the worry of being murdered, we can not go to the movies without the fear of being sprayed with bullets. This madness has got to stop.

Freedom to walk around without fear of being part of another mass shooting. It's been happening so often I find myself thinking, what can I use for cover in case somebody goes nuts. Where are the exits. What can I use as a weapon to defend myself, etc.
I agree and think that parents need to start being parents and quit being lazy and if something is up with their kid, then get off their Duff and do something.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:35 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Can you elaborate on what you consider is a sensible gun regulation?
Ban on assault rifles, longer waiting periods, reduced clip sizes, closing registration loopholes for sales at gun shows, and between sales between private citizens.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM

589 posts, read 850,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Talk about being afraid of the Boogie man..

All facts and stats back me up. More people are accidently shot, or accidently shoot someone else, then ever use their gun to lawfully stop a crime. LOTS MORE

Old 12-14-2012, 11:36 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,437,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'd rate anybody that thinks arming teachers in public schools would be a good way to lessen gun violence, as mildly retarded.
Why is that? You read in papers or online all the time of 75 and 80 year old elderly people blasting away armed home intruders trying to assault them. I would bet that if one of these younger teachers had a gun that they could have had a strong chance at stopping this guy.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,685,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Aren't most schools already gun free zones with metal detectors at the doors? If not, then we need laws, yes, we definitely do. We also need to return to traditional morality where parents stay together, put their kids ahead of their own selfish needs, and teach them right from wrong. Why are there so many of these lost, disturbed, amoral people wandering around today killing at random and then taking their own lives? They don't even value their own lives, so how can they be expected to value anyone else's?
I think you answered your own question and if I could give you 100 Rep points for one post, I certainly would!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:38 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad58 View Post
All facts and stats back me up. More people are accidently shot, or accidently shoot someone else, then ever use their gun to lawfully stop a crime. LOTS MORE
That's because there are 100's of MILLIONS of evil guns here in the USA...

I bet 200,000 will be sold tomorrow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies