Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,222 times

Advertisements

You need to add in there a ban on stealing firearms & a ban on murder. Oh, and elementary school kids don't have the same motivation as prisoners to acquire a weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Ban on assault rifles, longer waiting periods, reduced clip sizes, closing registration loopholes for sales at gun shows, and between sales between private citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 11:43 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Some retarded people said the same thing about arming pilots after 9/11. Fortunately the unretarded won!

You keep thinking that. Americans and about sick of white, elderly, low IQ, right wing loser men who get ego boosts out of owning guns. The public is getting sick of them as they are getting sick of the GOP.

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
A lot of white people like to believe the crime problem is only associated with non-whites and inner city neighborhoods. The OP and the article is spot on.

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
+1...I had to rep you because I agree with you 100%. Like the Aurora case, I am waiting to see if he was on SSRI's or some other antidepressant before I make any judgements.

I do have to state that in mass shootings where the shooter is in their late teens to mid twenties, the shooters are on or withdrawing from SSRI's or some other antidepressant. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case again.
It's also the age where some pretty serious mental issues develop.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:44 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,693,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
It never seems to be the right time to talk about gun control. Right now we are only supposed to pray for the victims because the time is not right to talk about such a "sensitive" topic. In a few days it will be forgotten and another mass killing via guns will occur and once again it will be too raw to discuss. People seem to have already forgotten about the two mass shootings over the summer and I guess the one in OR is old news now since it was a few days ago.

What? The teachers should have been armed or maybe the students?
The guns belonged to the mother. Not knowing her, I can't speak to her level of sanity, but the kid got whole of HER guns. I wonder why she owned an assault weapon though.

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
For the same reason you don't arm prison guards. You don't introduce weapons in schools were kids can get at them. For every mass shooting your theoretical armed teacher stopped. 100 would be killed in accidental shootings or spur of the moment fights involving kids.
Don't forget, prison guards are armed but in strategic locations on the prison grounds. How about posting armed guards at school perimeters where you enter the buildings?

589 posts, read 850,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
What about South Dakota and Wyoming and most of Montana and on and on and on...

I have a feeling most sheriffs who have more power than the FEDS are gun owners and they wont go along with your ideas...

Right, right. That's exactly what would happen.

Because a bunch of idiot rednecks (who thought they had more power then the Feds) ignoring the Federal Government laws worked so well for the Confederacy.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM

153 posts, read 156,449 times
A Look at Mass Shootings in the United States

By CRISTINA COSTANTINI
Dec. 14, 2012

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/...4#.UMu9uJPjkk8

"Forty three of the 61 killers were white males"

3,423 posts, read 3,214,065 times
I was out all day helping a friend and his wife move and didn't read the news until this evening. I was just thinking that there are no words to describe what happened today, but there is one word that comes to my mind. STUPID. Stupid of him, and stupid of us. 'Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, SHAME ON US!'

My friend and his wife have the most beautiful 6 year old daughter, the sweetest little human being you can imagine, someone who has become my little friend in recent days while helping her mother and father; and I shutter to think that something like this could happen to her and her family. It is an utterly chilling thought to consider.

My heart is broken with sorrow for the families and friends of the victims, for the senseless slaughter of the most innocent among us, for how completely unnecessary it is for such evil events to occur in this world, and yet they do because will lack the national will to do the right thing for our children and their children.

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
You need to add in there a ban on stealing firearms & a ban on murder.
Yes and I'm sure you don't have door locks either. Cause you know they can still get in?

That's about the stupidest argument I've heard all Month in this forum.

Nobody makes the claim stricter gun regulation will solve the entire problem you poor man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies