Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 03:48 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
They were on airplanes, a very different situation.
This kid couldn't have done this on airplane? A bus? Train?

Quote:
But if this school shooter had not had a gun it is likely that the number of deaths would have been fewer.
I can come up with about 20 ways to effectively kill more people than this young man did.

Quote:
For one thing if armed with only a knife, he wouldn't have even gained entry into the school since apparently he shot his way through the door locks to get in.
If you can access an entry with a handgun there is really nothing stopping you without a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 03:49 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes I was right because you never answered. You never do. You run around ranting and raving and make no sense just like you have done in this thread then call folks names and hope your buddies join in to hide behind. Basically your pathetic. You should run for office as a democrat. You would fit right in and get plenty of votes..
You must be reading your own posts chief, which only you can understand, and that just may be the cause of your confusion and makes you incapable of answering my posts. Clearly there is a reading comprehension on your part when it comes to posts not written by you. You need to work on that problem.

I gather you have accepted you were wrong with your claim of the boy being a terrorist since you stopped defending that claim. Good on you for grasping that your definition of a terrorist was wrong. It shows there is hope for you.

Somehow you think this is about politics!!! As I pointed out earlier, but must have gotten lost in your inability to comprehend, I'm neither a democrat or a republican and I have my reasons for that. But if I had to give one reason why I wouldn't embarrass myself by being a republican, I would have to say you are a prime example. I wouldn't even have to pitch Romney as a reason.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:49 AM

1,259 posts, read 2,257,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Banning bikes for minors would save more lives than stopping every single school shooting, with not one tenth of the pushback you'd get with gun regulation. It would most likely be much more effective than any type of gun regulation. Regular people care about bike laws, mass murderers don't care about gun laws.

This is all based on people's need to be outraged about something that gives them an emotional rush - something that doesn't happen with bike accidents.

Society loves school shootings? That's news to me. I wasn't aware societal norms had anything do with the actions of an obvious psychopath. I also wasn't aware that in a less violent society, a complete nutjob would just go about his life peacefully.

Grasping at straws.
Yes, we do love violence. People are more concerned with holding on to guns than protecting the lives of others. We have more gun deaths than most industrialized countries. Over 10,000 gun deaths in a year is far too high. Are you saying that we are dumber and less capable of the self control moreso than the Japanese, the Brits, and others who have strict gun laws and less than 100 gun related deaths a year???

Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Yes, we do love violence. People are more concerned with holding on to guns than protecting the lives of others. We have more gun deaths than most industrialized countries. Over 10,000 gun deaths in a year is far too high. Are you saying that we are dumber and less capable of the self control moreso than the Japanese, the Brits, and others who have strict gun laws and less than 100 gun related deaths a year???
People hold onto guns to protect themselves and their families. If you are upset with the gun deaths talk to the criminals because last I checked that was against the law. Protecting your family from criminals isn't.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:54 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
This kid couldn't have done this on airplane? A bus? Train?

I can come up with about 20 ways to effectively kill more people than this young man did.

If you can access an entry with a handgun there is really nothing stopping you without a gun.
Well the proof is in the case of the fellow armed with a knife who went on a rampage in a school in China. Children were injured but to my knowledge no one died.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:57 AM

What loose gun laws do you speak of and what do you propose to tighten these laws? It is currently against the law to shoot people. That doesn't seem to stop folks. Do you think they will all of a sudden obey a law that says they can't have a weapon when they are already breaking who knows how many laws now? So you are basically trusting the criminals over the law abiding citizens who have a right to protect themselves from these folks? A right that is written in the US Constitution. Why would you want that?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:00 AM

7,808 posts, read 6,387,167 times
Celebs sure have made a lot of money playing pretend shoot-em-up on the big screen. Now they're all outraged about guns?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:00 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,859,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Are you saying that we are dumber and less capable of the self control moreso than the Japanese, the Brits, and others who have strict gun laws and less than 100 gun related deaths a year???
That is exactly what I'm saying.

Looking at historical and geographical trends, I see absolutely zero reason to believe that gun control will bring us down anywhere near the levels of violence in Europe and Japan. Numerous studies will back me up on this.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:02 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
I think most people never heard or saw a 9mm pistol until "Lethal Weapon I,II,III,IV" came out in the 1980s...Hollywood needs to own up and stop putting out such violent movies.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:02 AM

I thought it wasn't about politics but you feel you need to meander on and tell me what persuasion you are? LOL

Still no answer. No surprise. Rant on. That is what you do best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies