Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 04:18 AM

3,494 posts, read 4,663,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Our founding fathers owned slaves. Appealing to their authority doesn't instantly validate your position, not when so many of the "norms" of their era are so completely out of step with today's society.
omg, you're not an idiot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 04:20 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,630,306 times
What Hollywood can do is stop creating so many movies that glorify violence.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:23 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,969,904 times
So banning fast food will stop school shootings? Get on the horn to bloomy and get er done!!

Old 12-15-2012, 04:27 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,668,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Some retarded people said the same thing about arming pilots after 9/11. Fortunately the unretarded won!

I think it is funny you mention that because there are ARMED PEOPLE in planes now.

Ever heard of air marshalls?! My neighbor is one.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,161,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nutjobs with guns who kill a bunch of folks are terrorists.
Perhaps you'd like to tell Miriam-Webster their definition of Terrorist is wrong..

Old 12-15-2012, 04:31 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,770,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I thought it wasn't about politics but you feel you need to meander on and tell me what persuasion you are? LOL

Still no answer. No surprise. Rant on. That is what you do best.
You made it about politics. Check with the other voices in your head and they may confirm it.

Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,963,252 times
Default Why I choose not to care about the Connecticut shooting

So, we had yet another white kid from the suburbs shoot up a school in a rampage. Even if he was twenty, he was still a kid as far as I'm concerned. The media is all up in a frenzy showing it on all the channels and making a big deal at of it, and even our Furher, uhh.. President (how could I ever confuse the two ) managed to shed some robot tears at a press conference. Well, after hearing about this crap all day I have some words for America: SUCK IT UP!

Could someone please explain to me how the value of the lives of those kids in Connecticut was any better than the lives of children in Sierra Leon? The West Bank/Gaza? Pakistan or any other place the US government and/or corporate elites has sponsored murder en masse of children?

Take Sierra Leon, with its child dug blood diamonds courtesy of De Beers. You see, De Beers buys diamonds from rebels in Sierra Leon, and the rebels use child soldiers, child labor, rape kids, the whole nine yard. And guess where De Beers sells those diamonds? You guessed it: to the USA.

Now, no doubt some fat, worthless subhuman piece of scum in this country is being fitted for a diamond that was dug up by a child slave, smuggled by men who kill kids and made rebel pedophiles rich while at the same time is crying about what happened in Connecticut.

SIERRA LEONE: Diamonds fuelled conflict,[2000112]

Africa: Life near the mines - World news | NBC News

Sierra Leone Measures Terror in Severed Limbs

Or how about Pakistan? Yes, fighting that "war on terror" with unmanned drones sure shows Obozo's courage, now doesn't it?

Do you have any idea how many children those drones have killed in Pakistan "signature strikes" in which terrorists may or may not be in a building? Try OVER A HUNDRED! And are the people watching news about Connecticut crying over that? No...or better yet, how many of those people saying it is a tragedy in Connecticut have ever so much as sent an email to their local congressperson about this? (for the record, I email McDermott, my congressman, and my Senators Cantwell and Murray about once a month. McDermott actually replied to one a few months back saying he didn't like drone strikes either)

Where is the outrage when Pakistani kids are killed BY YOUR OWN F****ING GOVERNMENT!? What, are they worth less than your own kids?

Drone Strikes Kill Numerous Civilians - Report - YouTube

Or how about the Palestinian kids who have suffered under Israeli occupation? Do you not care that your government gives billions of dollars in aid to an apartheid state? I guess Arab Muslim kids are less human than your own obese little American brats.

If Americans Knew - trailer - YouTube

And spare me, SPARE ME the whole "anyone who is against Israel is an antisemitic" crap. There are plenty of Jews who are against Israeli apartheid and oppression too, are they antisemitic?

'Judaism Yes, Zionism No': Ultra-Orthodox Jews march against Israel - YouTube

The US government and the corporations who run it have sponsored the deaths of countless children all over the world, and yet no one cares...but when twenty kids get killed by a psycho in America, everyone starts crying.

Well frankly I don't care about those kids in Connecticut. If overwhelming majority of Americans don't care about the kids around the world whose deaths we are all collectively responsible for, I don't care about deaths we are not responsible for. If American society doesn't care about the thousands kids killed to dig our diamonds or the kids killed by our government and the governments it sponsors, than why should I care about twenty deaths that I have absolutely nothing to do with?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:32 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,770,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Perhaps you'd like to tell Miriam-Webster their definition of Terrorist is wrong..
I'm sure by now you can see how THICK he is (in more ways than one).

Old 12-15-2012, 04:33 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,161,239 times
Its too late now, it'll take a generation to rid yourselves of the toxins.
Who is Bloomy?

Old 12-15-2012, 04:33 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,668,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
27 people lost their unalienable rights to life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness yesterday. Why is it that the gun owners are the only one`s whose constitutional rights are important?

Oh please.

Why do you want to punish gun owners like me for the acts of people who don't care about laws and NEVER will? Why should I have to pay for their actions? There are over 200 MILLION guns in this country. 99% of guns owners didn't commit a crime yesterday and most likely won't commit one today either. There are 88.8 guns per 100 people in this country. Crimes committed with firearms are EXTREMELY disproportional to gun ownership.

But nooooooo....

Let's punish the majority for the stupidity of the minority.

Yeah, that's grand!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies