Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 09:09 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
So is a self inflected gunshot to the head.
Lol, how do you think the majority of these incidents end?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 09:09 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
You can defend your home just fine with a pistol, shotgun or rifle why do you need an automatic weapon with 100s of bullets? How many invaders are you expecting?
Who had an automatic weapon? This shooter didn't and I cant remember the last shooter who DID have an automatic weapon. Either there is crime going on that is not being reported, or you have no idea what you are talking about. I kinda suspect it is the latter...

Old 12-15-2012, 09:10 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,972,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Uh, it's pretty likely, considering a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head is how the majority of these shoot outs end.
Yes, isn't that convenient. No one to counter the narrative provided by everyone but the killer. A senseless mass murder shooting and the shooter kill's himself and the person he lives with. Why do you think he did that?

Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Yes, isn't that convenient. No one to counter the narrative provided by everyone but the killer. A senseless mass murder shooting and the shooter kill's himself and the person he lives with. Why do you think he did that?
Are you trying to say he didn't kill himself?

Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Weapons are often traced to private sales. People can buy guns via private parties without a background check in most states. Easy enough to arrange a trade online. NRA fights against background checks for private sales.
So tell me, how are you going to enforce background checks on private sales? Did this shooter BUY his weapon from a private sale?? Ummmm... No.. He stole it..

Old 12-15-2012, 09:12 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Same reason I have the firearms that I do.. I enjoy them.. Why do you need two sets of dishes?
What kind of people "enjoy" machines designed to kill?

That's the problem with this sick country. Sorry, I get the idea of protecting yourself ... but multiple weapons because you enjoy them? You're part of the problem.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:13 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Who had an automatic weapon? This shooter didn't and I cant remember the last shooter who DID have an automatic weapon. Either there is crime going on that is not being reported, or you have no idea what you are talking about. I kinda suspect it is the latter...
He had an assault weapon, and two semi-automatic pistols.

5,821 posts, read 5,303,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
Ordering the killing of children is a tiny bit different from belting a child. But let's run with your analogy. If a father beat his child well past the point of abuse and that child grows up to beat his child...does grandpop have any responsibility for raising a monster?
As one who was brought up in the fifties, I can state that spanking (and whatever Yall' call corporal punishment) was used 100 fold more then, than now, and we had way less shootings like this. We didn't have condoms available everywhere, 'the pill' available, and abortions easily available, and our unmarried mothers were not so prevalent also.

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParallelJJCat View Post
Ordering the killing of children is a tiny bit different from belting a child. But let's run with your analogy. If a father beat his child well past the point of abuse and that child grows up to beat his child...does grandpop have any responsibility for raising a monster?
imho, no.

We are born with God in our heart, those of us with a conscience. What we wish to do with that knowledge is up to us and the choices we make as we grow older, regardless of our experiences with the people in our lives, in the end our choices are our own, to own.

But see, it is much easier to pose the question, how could God let this happen, rather than own it and know that He had nothing to do with it at all.

I see to, this comes from people who by their own admission, don't believe in God.

Old 12-15-2012, 09:15 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
gotto go to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies