Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 05:18 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
It is interesting that in all the posts about this, I have yet to see one person refer to this young man as an "animal." Gee whiz, when a young black gets shot in the back after simply burglary, we can count on several of our forum sociopaths referring to him/her as animals.
Even a black victim is an animal. Even one who was just walking home in the dark, in the rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 05:20 PM

717 posts, read 647,700 times
Quote:
It is interesting that in all the posts about this, I have yet to see one person refer to this young man as an "animal." Gee whiz, when a young black gets shot in the back after simply burglary, we can count on several of our forum sociopaths referring to him/her as animals.
No, this young man was not an animal. He was, in all probability, mentally ill. We get a lot of airplay demonising people who do the wrong, the tragic, the inexplicable but the fact of the matter is this: They are as human, as conflicted, as lost as any of us. What this young man needed was help, oh, and no access to firearms ever. Pity of it is that in America, he got neither.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:21 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
Gun's don't kill ... people kill ... and they don't need guns to kill.
Aw, somebody knows their catchphrases. I bet you had that already to just copy and past, din't you?

Old 12-15-2012, 05:23 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
How does Chile end up lowest for fire-arm deaths on the wiki list and 2nd highest for fire-arm deaths on the graph posted earlier?
My point exactly

Old 12-15-2012, 05:26 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Isn't conn is safe place to live?
I was born in Danbury, the town next door, it is safe as far as I can tell.

The problem is people can migrate.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:30 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There is no evidence of any mental illness so far, just rumors. Adam Lanza had no criminal record, either. People are really going off the deep end on this thread with their assumptions.
Reports are that his brother told police that he had Personality Disorder.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:30 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
This is no time for explanatory BS this way or that way... god of thunder. Its time for decision, period.
Sorry but I don't follow. You seem to be saying that I need to decide to think a certain way. Please tell me what you want me to think. I'm very curious to know what you have in mind.

Is it time to do something to protect schools in America? Sure, I'm with you. Copy Israel and have a well trained and armed teacher or local volunteer in every classroom. Let see what happens when cowards like Adam Lanza have to worry about people shooting back. It has worked wonders deterring would-be attackers in Israel, so it's worth a try here in the USA.

Long term, sure. Try to regulate guns. Do more to keep them out of the hands of bad people. Do more to make gun owners more responsible citizens. Those are long term solutions. It will take a very long time and effort and they may not help very much. Arming teachers and the like and making schools less attractive targets is an immediate solution with proven results.

It's not an elegant solution. It's ugly. Beats the heck out of sticking our heads in the sand and taking no immediate action.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
No, this young man was not an animal. He was, in all probability, mentally ill. We get a lot of airplay demonising people who do the wrong, the tragic, the inexplicable but the fact of the matter is this: They are as human, as conflicted, as lost as any of us. What this young man needed was help, oh, and no access to firearms ever. Pity of it is that in America, he got neither.
I guess only white people can be mentally ill.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
No animals are 6 guys raping a 12 year old girl. This young man was a sociopath crazy loon.

If it makes you fell better he was a sociopath crazy animal.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
No animals are 6 guys raping a 12 year old girl. This young man was a sociopath crazy loon.

If it makes you fell better he was a sociopath crazy animal.
Oh, I didn't know Trayvon Martin did this! Or the 13-year-olds. Gosh, they only killed ONE person, but they are considered animals.

Go right ahead and keep that silly head in the sand...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies