Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 06:08 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
Respectfully...limpy idea's are useless. There is no such thing as trying. Trying is hoping...a society that hopes something that just happened does not happen again is a F...up society. Change is required immediately, and gun issues are not part of an immediate consequence obviously.
Seems like you're repeating yourself. Do you actually have a point?? If so, what is it??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 06:09 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
This young woman was worth more than every G...D.... gun in America.

Family, friends remember the brave, caring legacy of Sandy Hook teacher Vicki Soto, 27 - NY Daily News

Old 12-15-2012, 06:10 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Default Morgan Freeman blames the media.

Morgan Freeman on Adam Lanza - National Facebook | Examiner.com

"Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine?"

Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Autism...Aspergers disease....something that can be in mild versions or close to very sick disturbed people...
Why do people always blame Autism? I can't think of one Autistic person who has ever killed anyone. Generally Autistic people are pretty harmless. Think Rain Man. It would be very unusual for an Autistic person to kill anyone.

BTW Aspergers is a mental disorder, not a disease.

Anyways, I believe the reports are that he had Personality Disorder, not Autism.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Generalizations always have sucked and they always will. Gun ownership does not make you a bad person. That's just silly.

Therein lies the problem that prevents any kind of solution to the problem of gun violence: The gun control folks think you must be some crazy redneck if you actually own guns. Gun owners think that gun control folks are Utopian idiots who have lost touch with reality who will inadvertently disarm everyone but criminals with their misguided cause. Neither point of view is constructive. Neither solves anything.

We don't know what happened yet. Did he violently force her to unlock the gun cabinet before killing her? If so, he'd have found a way to get guns from some other source. Somebody who would kill their own mother and 20 little kids would certainly find a way to get what they wanted one way or another. The bigger question in my mind: Why wasn't this guy locked up in a mental institution?
Talk about projecting.

Did you even read what I wrote? I didn't say owning guns makes you a bad person. Try again.

I also did not say anything on the the right to bear arms.

What I did say was this woman's behavior was irresponsible. Taking a mentally-ill son to gun shows and target practice is STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE. Being "passionate" about firearms with a mentally-ill adolescent/young adult in the house is irresponsible.

And, yes, "Why wasn't this guy locked up in a mental institution?"

Because the parents were irresponsible and in denial. Just like Loughner's parents. Just like very parent who doesn't want to accept how sick their kid really is. Loughner's dad knew his kid was sick. Didn't do anything about it, either.

Her former husband/Lanza's father earns $450k/yr, was paying her $10k/mo. alimony. The woman didn't have to work. And she apparently didn't need to think, either. Had she engaged even ten brain cells, she could have seen this coming.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/R...ed-4120058.php

These parents do not get off scot free.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 12-15-2012 at 06:29 PM..

Old 12-15-2012, 06:21 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I thought the initial reports were that his mom was the teacher, it seems even crazier that it may have been random. What kind of person kills kids for the hell of it. Just sickening.
Because invading a police precinct would have been much less successful.

Every school should have at least a handful of trained, armed teachers carrying at all times.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:23 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Seems like you're repeating yourself. Do you actually have a point?? If so, what is it??
well...suit your peculiar abilities then with the rest.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Because invading a police precinct would have been much less successful.

Every school should have at least a handful of trained, armed teachers carrying at all times.
I would arm our soldiers and put them in schools, bring them home.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:32 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Now it's not just the mother's fault, it's the parents'!

And his brother was qualified to make this diagnosis because???

I would assume that a psychologist made the diagnosis, and his brother being a close family member would know about his brother's mental health history.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:32 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I would arm our soldiers and put them in schools, bring them home.
Unnecessary. Not to mention would use up a LOT of manpower, there are a lot of schools in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies