Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Damon View Post
Who the f*ck are these idiot reporters interviewing children?! And the even more reprehensible stations airing these interviews of already traumatized children and their parents?

Despicable!
I know, I couldn't believe it. The idiot reporter actually asked this little girl "were kids crying?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 12:03 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
What I don't understand is how there are no laws or anything prohibiting an adult non-parent from going into an elementary school in the first place.

I would have thought most schools would have procedures in place that keep people from just entering a school with young kids and doing whatever they please.

Here the schools require a parent to show and ID before coming in to a school. People who have no business being at the school are not allowed in.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:04 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
do gun people think its ok to have military gear and bullet proof vests as well?
Yes. I do.

1,523 posts, read 1,438,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
mandatory training should be required with a psychological exam yearly.
Umm..........no.

161 posts, read 264,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
What does it matter? You can also make crack in your house so should we make that legal also?

The fact is guns kill more people much faster than the average weapon. One bullet to head and you're out.
And so is one swift hard punch to the temple. Ban fists while you are at it.

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What I don't understand is how there are no laws or anything prohibiting an adult non-parent from going into an elementary school in the first place.

I would have thought most schools would have procedures in place that keep people from just entering a school with young kids and doing whatever they please.

Here the schools require a parent to show and ID before coming in to a school. People who have no business being at the school are not allowed in.
How would the school know unless they let them in?

Old 12-14-2012, 12:05 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Why do they need these weapons that fire rounds and rounds of ammo at one time? Why isn't a single shot pistol good enough for home protection since that is what most claim they need a gun for?

Why do they need all of these high powered weapons for home defense?
Have it ever entered your mind that your house could be attacked by multiple people and with that one round you could miss I have a 30 clip myself I am not willing to take chances

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
In Beijing, knife-wielding madmen INJURES 22 people. In Newtown, CT, gun-toting madmen KILLS 27 people.

Get it gun nuts?

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Well that wasn't hard, now you know who to blame and can stop with the political drama to trying to push your views and take advantage of tragedy for political gain. I think we need to focus more on mental health in this country, not gun ownership...mental issues are the root cause of many violent (ie not just gun) crimes.

And how do we do that when we can't even get universal health care in this country, for everyone, and have that health care include mental health? The same right wing types opposed to any gun regulations are pretty much universally opposed to any govt action on health care. And don't expect for a minute the health insurance industry to do anything other than make huge profits off of health care.

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Default Here come all the anti gun threads

Like clockwork. I would venture to guess ten to fifteen will be started today. Never let a crisis go to waste!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies