Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 12:16 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,238,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
You want them to arm KINDERGARTEN teachers now?
Of course! Because that makes much more sense than putting some common sense restrictions in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

1,126 posts, read 2,689,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
A noble idea, but how do we do that?
Sort of mandatory, universal healthcare mental checks

7,801 posts, read 10,090,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
NO!!!!

With these happening on a weekly basis now, we'll NEVER talk about a real solution if we constantly bow down to your emotional sensibilities. Every time this happens people like you try to delay the debate over gun control.... and then it happens again.... and again...

Once the news story dies down next month, you'll think that gun control in the U.S. is not a problem. This is the BEST time to have this discussion.
Never let a crisis go to waste right? People like you make me sick

To hell with banning guns, I say we enact a constitutional amendment banning people from trying to ban unalienable rights such as the right to keep and bear arms.

4,112 posts, read 4,468,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Like clockwork. I would venture to guess ten to fifteen will be started today. Never let a crisis go to waste!!
This is probably the only time I would actually prefer the usual ten to fifteen threads of "Why do black people...".

Old 12-14-2012, 12:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,388,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Ryan Lanza name of the shooter.
I wonder if this is the killers Twitter? Very depressing stuff.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ryan__Lanza/tweets

Old 12-14-2012, 12:18 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,238,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
NO!!!!

With these happening on a weekly basis now, we'll NEVER talk about a real solution if we constantly bow down to your emotional sensibilities. Every time this happens people like you try to delay the debate over gun control.... and then it happens again.... and again...

Once the news story dies down next month, you'll think that gun control in the U.S. is not a problem. This is the BEST time to have this discussion.
This.

47,525 posts, read 69,589,626 times
It's so strange, when I dropped my kid off at school this morning there were cop cars coming in and lined up and they were doing a lock down. My kid said it looked like there were going to be the dogs there again. It's common here for that and I didn't think twice -- and then I hear of this shooting.

Apparently they found a gun in some older kid's backpack but that's common enough around here and not confirmed yet. Today's case involved a kid that apparently doesn't attend the school.

161 posts, read 264,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missingatlanta View Post
what does it matter? You can also make crack in your house so should we make that legal also?

The fact is guns kill more people much faster than the average weapon. One bullet to head and you're out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wihs2006 View Post
never let a crisis go to waste right? People like you make me sick

To hell with banning guns, i say we enact a constitutional amendment banning people from trying to ban unalienable rights such as the right to keep and bear arms.
+100

Old 12-14-2012, 12:20 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,856,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
People should not have access to high powered killing machines that serve no purpose but to mow down a bunch of people in a row in quick succession.

It's INSANITY. I do not support your right to own those. I don't give a fig what your dumb rationalizations are for it. It's stupid.
This. ^^ What is the purpose of high powered automatic weapons? There is only one--to mow down as many people in as short a time as possible. You don't use them to hunt animals, but to hunt humans. Why the hell are these weapons available to anyone who wants them? This is beyond crazy.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:20 PM

45,153 posts, read 26,351,867 times
I wonder if the shooter was on FDA approved meds?
Will there be calls to ban them if true?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies