Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2012, 08:33 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,218,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterkeaton View Post
It's because the "true" christians(evangelicals) don't consider them catholics, christians at all The evangelicals believe the pope is the antichrist, so to them Adam was worshipping Satan.
I am evangelical and I have high respect for the Catholic church and consider them Christian at the core. There are a lot of Catholics out there who aren't true Christians just like there are a lot of Baptist, Methodists, Lutherans, etc who aren't true followers of Christ. Just because I disagree with Catholics on certain Biblical issues doesn't mean I don't agree with them when it comes to the essential doctrines of the faith and in evangelical circles I am usually always the first to defend the Catholic church.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 08:37 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,213,546 times
Seung-Hui Cho (VA Tech killer) had been found mentally ill and ordered into treatment, but his religiously devout mother took him to her pastor instead, and mother and pastor decided that he needed spiritual healing to rid him of demons.

Look how that turned out.

Shooter's Mom Asked Church for Help Healing Her Son - WTOP Mobile

Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,703,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I am evangelical and I have high respect for the Catholic church and consider them Christian at the core. There are a lot of Catholics out there who aren't true Christians just like there are a lot of Baptist, Methodists, Lutherans, etc who aren't true followers of Christ. Just because I disagree with Catholics on certain Biblical issues doesn't mean I don't agree with them when it comes to the essential doctrines of the faith and in evangelical circles I am usually always the first to defend the Catholic church.
Just consider them Christian. No need to only consider them that at the core.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:51 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,863,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
It isn't spiritual illness. Sounds like he was seriously mentally I'll.
And with a mother in serious denial.

Who in their right mind would encourage a mental case to embrace guns, have guns in easy access.

And let's not forget his mother was well off after her divorce and should have sought serious mental health care instead of home schooling AND ignoring this time bomb.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:54 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,003,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Actually early reports said he was Catholic educated. His relatives are saying he was home-schooled. And you are a proponent of both. So if you are going to be wondering about spiritual illness it seems fair to address his entire background and how that affected him.
He was home schooled much later in his primary grades like 11th grade or so, I think.
Not elementary or middle school, from what they report.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:59 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,989,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
OH. MY. GOD! Of course someone was bound to come up with the "Devil Made Him Do It"..............geeeeezzzz. There is NO SATAN. Wake up. "Satan" is in YOUR HEAD.
I checked him out in Facebook, and indeed, there was a page with a red devil on it. He obviously thought very little of himself because he posted, "I am a worthless piece of ......" Facebook has removed the page.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:48 PM

37,097 posts, read 42,103,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
And with a mother in serious denial.

Who in their right mind would encourage a mental case to embrace guns, have guns in easy access.

And let's not forget his mother was well off after her divorce and should have sought serious mental health care instead of home schooling AND ignoring this time bomb.
We don't really know what went on and the terms of the divorce have nothing to do with it. Everything is speculation.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,411,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Aspergers is even the "in" disorder. Almost a status symbol.

The liberals don't mind stigmatizing the mentally ill, even the autistic. It's fine to make it look like mentally ill are extremely dangerous and have no self-control at all. That makes it almost alright to do mass murders, after all nothing can be the fault of the killer.

Like you, i do believe it is oh too easy, to just fall back on the He was mentally ill, he had aspergers, was austic, and even then, there are differences in degrees of mental illness.

I see nothing about this as a status symbol, but a symbol that better get fixed and fast, we are having a epedemic.

And i do believe that there is pure evil in this world, some people hate to say it are evil from the time they are small, and lavish in doing evil doings. There are people who love to kill, and don't need a reason why, except for the fact, it gives them a high. Take guns away, there still going to get their hands on them, and even then, take them away, something new will emerge as the weapon of choice in murders.

Murderers will always have access to guns, to think not, is foolish in itself

Old 12-19-2012, 10:01 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,969,904 times
You folks are getting too caught up in this one guy. Playing a bit too much FBI profiler. He had this and that's what caused it, he had that and it's what caused it on and on. Nobody will ever know so there is no real point in playing the what if game. Evil does not care if you were home schooled or not or if you had Asbergers or if you liked Ozzy.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:38 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,273,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
If true, this shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone:

"The Sandy Hook gunman worshiped the devil and had an online page dedicated to Satan, a former classmate revealed, as his childhood barber recalls Adam Lanza never spoke and would stare at the floor every time he had his hair cut. Lanza's worshiping page had the word 'Devil' written in red, Gothic-style letters against a black background ..."

Makes one wonder how much "mental illness" is really spiritual illness.
Quote:
'I am the devil': Former classmate reveals school gunman had 'online devil worshiping page'
If he thought he was the devil and he worshiped the devil, that would make him a narcissist.

Seriously though, the Daily Mail??? And the source is some childhood friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies