Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 12:50 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,476,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
A new generation that have no self worth.
No jobs, can't pay student loans, can't distinguish reality from fantasy.
No. The gunman was just nuts. The vast majority of us may not have the jobs we want, have student loans, but are not going around shooting children. He was just a loser and a chicken to attack someone weaker than himself. Not being able to distinguish Mass Effect from real life isn't having self worth, it is having a mental problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 12:51 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This. ^^ What is the purpose of high powered automatic weapons? There is only one--to mow down as many people in as short a time as possible. You don't use them to hunt animals, but to hunt humans. Why the hell are these weapons available to anyone who wants them? This is beyond crazy.
Agreed there are no reasons for these types of guns.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:51 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,096,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
A new generation that have no self worth.
No jobs, can't pay student loans, can't distinguish reality from fantasy.
And an indoctrinated liberal culture that glorifies death and places little value on human life...

Old 12-14-2012, 12:52 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm just curious, what kind of gun control would people like to see. I own two handguns, for home protection only. I don't carry (except in my car on rare occasion). I don't hunt. Should I lose my two guns? What form would you like gun control to take? Limit to one gun? Eliminate anything semi-auto? Mandatory training program for ownership? Yearly exams?

I've just head people say they want gun control, and that that gun control could have prevented this, but that they also aren't saying outright abolition. So I would like to know about the specifics. Thanks.
Start with banning automatic weapons. They are manufactured for only one purpose, to hunt human beings and kill as many of them as possible as quickly as possible. There is no good reason that anyone needs to own a weapon like that.

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
That is the news. The shooter was the son of an employed kindergarten teacher at the school.
The only reason he was buzzed into the building.

This is just another incident/wake up call for America: Mental illness/disease can't be ignored.
Even for professionals who have children with it, themselves.
This is what I said up thread either ban assault guns or bring back involuntary confinement.

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
I just heard it was a kindergarten classroom that was targeted.

Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Did the guy use an assault weapon?

1,742 posts, read 3,115,680 times
In Europe they sensor violence, here we glorify it.
We sensor t's and a's. Does this surprise you?

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
How can it be knee-jerk if this happens weekly? We've had YEARS of senseless shootings like this to work out how we feel about gun control... and we want guns limited.

You like your 2nd amendment? Fine. You get ONE hand gun with 7 bullets max. It can NOT have an extended clip, you can NOT own a bullet-proof vest, assault rifles/uzis/machine guns are NOT in the 2nd Amerndment so those are gone too. 2nd Amendment also doesn't forbid gun owners being psychologically tested every year. It should be like car registrations: you have to qualify for it each year.

EVERYTHING ABOVE DOES NOT DO ONE THING TO CHANGE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!
The First doesn't address the Internet or TV or Twitter. You only have a right to free speech if its spoken from now on. And while we're at it, nothing says we can't test you each year to make sure you're sane enough to enjoy the privilege of free speech. We can't have crazy people running around spouting off at the mouth.

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm just curious, what kind of gun control would people like to see.
I just posted this in post #361:

"You like your 2nd amendment? Fine. You get ONE hand gun with 7 bullets max. It can NOT have an extended clip, you can NOT own a bullet-proof vest, assault rifles/uzis/machine guns are NOT in the 2nd Amendment so those are gone too. 2nd Amendment also doesn't forbid gun owners being psychologically tested every year. It should be like car registrations: you have to qualify for it each year.

EVERYTHING ABOVE DOES NOT DO ONE THING TO CHANGE THE 2ND AMENDMENT!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies