Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2012, 03:03 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,929,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
The process for changing or altering the constitution is right there in the constitution. The process requires three fourths of the state legislatures to agree to any changes.

The process does not allow for a political zealot or group of zealots and foolish followers to make such changes as they see fit to do.
Domestic national security is what we need government for. Any politician seeking to protect public safety is hardly a zealot or foolish. Domestic security is at the top, way above SS, Medicare, etc etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 03:29 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,250,865 times
I gotta say, maybe it's just this miserable cold, but I'm feeling discouraged and depressed by the sheer selfishness of the gun nuts on this board. MY rights, MY guns, me, me, me. And the rest of us are "emotional" and "exploiting" the tragedy, which many of you now admit bothers you not at all.

I've been posting a lot about the culture of gun worship, and how we have to stop you fanatics from brainwashing yet another generation of kids into your sick way of thinking. Stop teaching kids that guns are toys, status symbols, and phallic replacements.

Tonight I'm weary. My local high school, about 15 minutes from Sandy Hook, just cancelled classes for tomorrow because too many kids are threatening to bring guns to school. And I know that just reading that makes you gun fanatics get a little aroused. Which in turn makes me want to puke.

Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up with renewed purpose. But right now I wonder if we can EVER un-brainwash our children. Fanaticism is always hard to dig out, as we've often witnessed in the Middle East. And frankly, the level of brain-dead fanaticism I've seen on this forum far outpaces anything I've ever heard of from Muslim suicide killers.

Someone please tell me that it's possible. Already people are starting to forget -- outside of my corner of Connecticut, anyway -- and I fear that by the time Christmas is over, during which the gun fanatics here on C-D will celebrate with their children without a single thought for 20 families missing their 6- and 7-year-olds who died in the name of THEIR stinking, sick "rights," we'll all have moved on to the next crisis.

Please tell me it's not hopeless. Someone direct me to a group that's ready to get to work fighting back against the propaganda and the badass, feel-good brainwashing that washes over our children ever day in this sick country. Someone give me a little hope, anyway.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,122,154 times
Default Who taught the boy how to use the guns.

Knowing the kid had mental difficulties i find it odd that some one would train the guy on how to use and operate these weapons particularly the assault rifle.
As Some one who knows nothing about guns i'd have a hard time figuring out how to load and fire such weapons on a moments notice..
Wheres the Dad in all this controversy?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:46 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,907,863 times
What boy? Who's Dad? Why not his Mom? Maybe a summer camp, could have been NRA training it all depends on what the hell you are talking about.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:49 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,435,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Maybe a summer camp
Are there really summer camps out there where minors learn to load high capacity magazines and operate semi-auto assault rifles?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:51 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,757,642 times
CT killer's parents are divorced.

I believe I read that mom had taken both sons to practice at firing ranges...

Guess that explains why there weren't more wounded, as opposed to killed-
he was too good a shot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Knowing the kid had mental difficulties i find it odd that some one would train the guy on how to use and operate these weapons particularly the assault rifle.
As Some one who knows nothing about guns i'd have a hard time figuring out how to load and fire such weapons on a moments notice..
Wheres the Dad in all this controversy?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:51 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,122,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
What boy? Who's Dad? Why not his Mom? Maybe a summer camp, could have been NRA training it all depends on what the hell you are talking about.

What boy? How about the one who just laid waste to 26 innocents with an assault rifle.
What the hell do you think i'm talking about?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:53 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,663,404 times
If he planned it out, he probably just googled it. Firearms aren't that hard to figure out.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:55 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,250,865 times
The correct answer is: A law-abiding, responsible gun owner. Naturally.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:57 PM

12,906 posts, read 13,239,455 times
Well, after the abominably incompetent & corrupt Fast & Furious ATFE gun running scandal, having Obama & Eric Holder lecture law-abiding American citizens about gun control is like having JoePa and Sandusky lecturing Mary Poppins on childcare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies