Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 05:13 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Interactive map of known school shootings since 1996.
fixed it for ya
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 05:16 PM

23,856 posts, read 24,091,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Americans are ... as this forum proves, very ignorant people.
I won't disagree with that, but I think we'd disagree on who's ignorant and who isn't.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:20 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
If you have anger issues that bad, you should not be a teacher in the first place.
Often times, past performance is not an indicator of future success.

Or future snapping.

792 posts, read 1,176,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Look ... Connecticut has some of the most strict gun laws in the country, and what did that accomplish? Secondly, even if you eliminated the 200+ Million guns already in the hands of the public, you couldn't stop criminals and lunatics from getting weapons. We have a virtually open border with Mexico, and Millions of illegals who enter this country at will ... drugs that enter at will ... and guns would to, providing just another black market for the Criminal Cartels.

You want to know how you stop this gun violence? Stop being a damned brain dead lemming ... and knock off the "we need gun control" mantra every time a shooting takes place ... then, the criminals behind these events would stop staging them. Yes, you heard me ... the criminals behind these events would stop staging them if they knew that it wouldn't work to convince the sheep to demand their own disarming.

And tell Obama to spare us the fake tears .... as he's ordered hundreds of drone strikes that have killed thousands of civilians and hundreds of little children.
Oh yes. AND as Obama has you glued to the TV as the media covers it day and night he will be pulling another fast one some place else. Get the masses obsessed with one thing while we do some serious damage over here.
Program the sheep...Program the sheep. They will fall for anything because they stand for nothing.
GuyNTexas, I must disagree with you on one fact. Obama had NO tears. How pathetic is that, wiping at tears that don't exist.
My heart goes out to all who have lost a loved one in this horrible massacre.

376 posts, read 652,415 times
Default Breakdown in family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Stress maybe??
Good topic. I think there is a less connection with family than most countries of the world along with the stress of trying to be the best at everything. I've lived and worked in about a dozen different countries and currently in Saudi Arabia.

Our gun rights is a contributing factor in the number of people killed. Also, we have the 3rd largest population.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:22 PM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrzymuscle25 View Post
How f***** ignorant are you!??! You do realize even if every law abiding citizen was stripped of anything to protect themselves, a thug/criminal/psycho would still get there hands on a firearm like they do now and shoot and kill people right?? THERE ARE LAWS ALREADY STOPPING THEM AND THE CRIMINALS STILL KILL PEOPLE!
Wow, the ignorance amazes me!
Also a school is a gun free zone. If it wasnt there might have been a educator who could have saved lives. Aurara theatre was gun free, the mall shooting was gun free too. See a patern

Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,503,428 times
Nutbarism is rabidly defended in this country as evidenced on this forum. Social media allows nutbars to find comfort in numbers with other nutbars around the country. They post stories about people being wounded in a stabbing in attempt to compare that with nearly 30 people KILLED in a shooting. They have their own "news" station that excuses their nutty behavior. It's just plain nuts.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,983,832 times
I've shot a bit and enjoy it, but don't own a gun. I almost bought one about eight years ago because that was the first time I seriously thought our govt had jumped the shark. But I didn't.

However, I have no problem with sane people who do buy guns for defense, whether self or from a tyranny. Might as well go out fighting than capitulate. I get that.

This case, tragic as it is, has the following known ingredients:
- Mother bought guns legally. A kindergarten teacher in a mostly blue state had a couple of Glocks and a Bushmaster.
- Son has mental issues (as attested to by neighbors and by his own brother).
- Mom was strict disciplinarian and son had issues with mom (as attested to by neighbors and by his own brother).
- Why did son have access to mom's guns and ammo?

You fix that last part and there's no mass murder today.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:24 PM

84 posts, read 180,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Nutbarism is rabidly defended in this country as evidenced on this forum. Social media allows nutbars to find comfort in numbers with other nutbars around the country. They post stories about people being wounded in a stabbing in attempt to compare that with nearly 30 people KILLED in a shooting. They have their own "news" station that excuses their nutty behavior. It's just plain nuts.
I consider all gun owners as nutbars.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:25 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Why does America have more nutbars per capita than any other civilized country?

More school shootings, more workplace shootings, more serial killers, more murders, more violence, more people in jail....?

Interactive map of school shootings since 1996.

lets see, when our nutbags get loose and murder, they murder anything from 1-20 people or so. when nutbags in other countries get loose, they murder 7+ million people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies