Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 06:13 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yeah, let's pray that parents can go back to discipline instead of shoving sugar and Ritalin down the throats of their kids. Let's go back to functional families where there are 2 parents. And while we're at it, let's ban violent rap music and video games. And let's ban fools like Jamie Foxx joking that he's gonna kill all the white people.

Sounds like a good start to me.

That's some serious firepower for a substitute teacher in Small Town USA. What was she afraid of? Her own kid, is my guess.
Or we can just ban stupid people.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-14-2012 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Do not include "manual" signatures in your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 06:14 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Yeah, let's pray that parents can go back to discipline instead of shoving sugar and Ritalin down the throats of their kids. Let's go back to functional families where there are 2 parents. And while we're at it, let's ban violent rap music and video games. And let's ban fools like Jamie Foxx joking that he's gonna kill all the white people.

Sounds like a good start to me.
Oh, I see......

You support banning music and video games but you're opposed to making access to guns more difficult?

Gotcha.'

Old 12-14-2012, 06:15 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
We know what it means...Once upon a time white male land owners were the only people allowed to vote..After lots of discussion (and other things) we decided on a better course. Amendments can be amended.
And after more than 200 years, after warsd, robberies, shotings, assainations, you name it... the American people have still decided NOT to change the 2nd amendment.

Take the hint.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:16 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
how will you inact that little law? how will you force gun owners to turn their guns into the feds?

i will wait for an answer.
Show me a law that's 100% full proof..So, should we not have laws? Should rape be legal because it being illegal doesn't prevent all rapes? Wingnuts love affair with guns is beyond me.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:17 PM

830 posts, read 1,728,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes we should all have ethnic cleansing and the like which happens in many other countries or have dictators roaming freely killing anyone who they deem a threat that never gets reported.
That doesn't explain the difference between us and Canada or the UK or Western Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I think part of it has to do with the stigma of mental illness in American society. There's a lot of pressure to not be "weak" and I think cases of mental illness go under treated, ignored, not reported, or misdiagnosed. America is also a, relatively speaking, high stress country. We're all about "go go go" 24 hours a day. There's a lot of pressure and stress put on young Americans to conform and keep up with the latest and greatest. Also, American society is enamored with guns and the MIC/war machine is glorified 24/7. Everywhere you go you are bombarded with propaganda from the war machine. Put all of that together and you have a recipe for an unstable society.
I agree with most of this except for the mental illness part. I do think there is a pressure to not be "weak", but I think there is much more stigma for mental illnesses in other countries (like developing nations)--but there, they have more family support.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:18 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
And after more than 200 years, after warsd, robberies, shotings, assainations, you name it... the American people have still decided NOT to change the 2nd amendment.

Take the hint.
Things change. Maybe you haven't noticed but the American people just reelected a black man to the Presidency. 400 years after slavery, 60 years after segregation, 47 years after the voting rights act.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
How devastating. These poor people. My heart breaks for them.

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Show me a law that's 100% full proof..So, should we not have laws? Should rape be legal because it being illegal doesn't prevent all rapes?
One way you can spot a fanatic leftist big-govt devotee, is that they go into these weird, hysterical rants when their arguments are refuted, instead of trying to formulate a sensible response. Probably because there isn't one.

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There has not even been a serious national debate on gun related issues, after Aurora, after Columbine, I don't know what the answer is but something is very wrong. There needs to be an honest and open discussion by congress on the issues even if they may lose the support of some gun advocates, that debate has never taken place, just pandering like Obama's statement.
The answer is to tax the ever living snot out of stupid people.

You can do it progressively.

IQ - 70 - 100% tax on everything you make.
IQ - 80 - 80% tax on everything you make.
IQ - 90 - 60% tax on everything you make.
IQ - 100 - 40% tax on everything you make.
IQ - 110 - 30% tax on everything you make.
IQ - 120 - 20% tax on everything you make.
IQ - 130 - 10% tax on everything you make.
IQ - 140 - 5% tax on everything you make.
IQ - 150 - 0% tax on everything you make.

Stupid people use up the most resources and have a negative ROI.

I mean, you've been subsidizing stupid for a pretty long time now and what have you gotten?

Tax stupid so the stupid don't have the means to be or act even dumber than they already do. Eventually they'll all starve to death and the world will be a much better place.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:20 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
We know what it means...Once upon a time white male land owners were the only people allowed to vote..After lots of discussion (and other things) we decided on a better course. Amendments can be amended.

yep, and states can secede as well. just because the almighty feds say one thing, doesnt not mean it will come to pass.

also, if you knew what the 2nd Amendment meant, not 1 gun control law would be on the books at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies