Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,740 times

Advertisements

I honestly don't understand this.

Its NEVER going to happen people.

The 2nd amendment won't be repealed, there will be no national registration, there is not going to be a bullet tax, you won't get the guns.

Why? Because freedom is greater than security. Your right to be secure does not trump our right to keep and bear arms.

The laws are getting knocked down every day.

Why is everyone beating a dead horse?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-14-2012 at 06:38 PM.. Reason: Do not include "manual" signatures in your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 06:21 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One View Post
How's that working out For Mexicans? Don't care. I was trying to stay on topic.

How about you?
I'm a bleeding heart .. I care about Mexicans too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERS-One
Here's a little scenario I just came up with: On Dec. 21 2012, 10 million Mexicans (née Mayans) are planning to simultaneously bum rush the border, creating a giant dust cloud that will block out the sun. This will .. blah, blah, blah.
After 'your' little made up scenario .. I made up my own.

(I thought by mentioning Mexico in 'my' made up scenario .. I was staying 'on topic' in replying to 'your' made up scenario?)
capeesh?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, I see......

You support banning music and video games but you're opposed to making access to guns more difficult?

Gotcha.'

Only an uneducated individual would not recognize culture as a contributing factor. Check out wik and try to find a massacre in American history where a large group of toddlers were centered out and executed with zero conflict- war, or other, then perhaps you and the tapin while postin guy can get back with something that makes sense. What a tragic and shocking terrible event.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:23 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,190,023 times
Kudos to Bloomberg....

Old 12-14-2012, 06:25 PM

15,060 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Oh, I see......

You support banning music and video games but you're opposed to making access to guns more difficult?

Gotcha.'
Please ... if you are a gun grabber, just say so. But stop with the nonsense. What would stricter laws have done to prevent this event? According to the story, he didn't go to a store and buy the weapons, they were apparently his mother's (though I find that very strange).

Gun laws in Connecticut are already one of the most strict in the country .... so, stop with the coy crap .. you want to ban guns ... and you want to use these tragedies as a political weapon to further that agenda, which I find disgustingly anti-American, just like these congress critters who won't let a moment pass that they don't whine about guns.

I tell you something else .... almost every one of these "shooters" are found to be all drugged up ... not on illegal drugs ... no, no, no ... on legal, prescribed psycotropic ant-depressants which are known to cause psychotic breaks, violent tendencies and suicide. But nobody ever calls for a ban on that crap.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:26 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There has not even been a serious national debate on gun related issues, after Aurora, after Columbine, I don't know what the answer is but something is very wrong. There needs to be an honest and open discussion by congress on the issues even if they may lose the support of some gun advocates, that debate has never taken place, just pandering like Obama's statement.
Months of discussion on guns, laws, rights, and everything else after each of these mass shootings, and now the liberals are coming up with "There has not even been a serious national debate on gun related issues, after Aurora, after Columbine...".

I'm starting to learn the language of these strange people.

"There has not been a serious national debate" actually means "We keep losing the debate every time, but we can't understand why we're wrong."

That becomes clearer with every one of these shootings. They simply keep repeating the same tired, long-debunked "arguments".... while completely forgetting how thoroughly they've been refuted every time.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:27 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,512,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
our founding fathers would have had to be paranoid to stand up to the british goverment and fight them. i am glad we had paranoid founding fathers, arent you?
Ahh, the invoking of the infalliable, all-knowing founding fathers. It gets tiring hearing what they were or weren't framed against 21st century issues. But to play along....

Who knows? Maybe being British subjects in 2012 would of lead to a 10x better society than what we have now. Do you know that it wouldn't? I can't tell, my alternate-dimension glasses are broken.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 PM

792 posts, read 1,176,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Something about this just doesn't add up.
You're darn tootin' it doesn't add up. Neither does the James Holmes shootings but hey, who am I to question Big Brother?

Old 12-14-2012, 06:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,244,959 times
I am heavily against gun control, but I am going to say a complete ban of guns in the private sector is inevitable and it will happen sometime within the next eight years. The Obama dictatorship won't be possible against an armed America. Many will keep their guns and fight when Obama takes complete dictatorial powers and requires every living person be shipped to an Agenda 21 Sustainable City, but they will be crushed by the full arsenal of the Obama National Police Force.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:29 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,512,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I'm a bleeding heart .. I care about Mexicans too!

After 'your' little made up scenario .. I made up my own.

(I thought by mentioning Mexico in 'my' made up scenario .. I was staying 'on topic' in replying to 'your' made up scenario?)
capeesh?
The topic is why Americans are nutbars. You went with Mexicans can't own guns. ¿No Comprende?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies