Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 09:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, if I ever get killed by one of these gun loving nuts I'm sure it will only take one to do me in. The fact that they can own them for no reason other than they get some kind of a high from the power of taking another human life is reason enough to control them strictly.

IMO, a mental screening should be done and a real reason for needing the gun should be required.
I just bought a handgun and for one reason, only, that would be to fire at targets for fun. I don't think owning it has changed my ability to shoot another human. I still don't want to do that but do think it will be fun to shoot at targets. Of course, I will keep it loaded in my house just in case but don't think I should take it out since I may not squeeze the trigger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 09:53 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
posession of up to one once!! is that not a limit.. how bout limiting legal sales of fire arms to say like 5 for a start.. don't want to get the gun crack addicks upset with only a legal purchase of two fireams
Gun purchases are already limited...by finances. Unfortunately, in my case, it's rarely over 1-2 a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I just bought a handgun and for one reason, only, that would be to fire at targets for fun. I don't think owning it has changed my ability to shoot another human. I still don't want to do that but do think it will be fun to shoot at targets. Of course, I will keep it loaded in my house just in case but don't think I should take it out since I may not squeeze the trigger.
Have you had any problems with your new gun getting up, going for a walk all by itself and shooting anyone? I never have...but plenty of posters seem think that guns kill all by themselves. I can't say that I've talked with any gun owners that have experienced that phenomena.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
A man with 37 guns would not be robbed by a thug.

No limit.
I just had an e-mail from an old friend who says his son who is a cop owns 38 guns. Of course, he buys them as a collector but some would like to take away his right to more than the one he uses in the line of duty.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,051 times
There shouldnt be a limit as much as a heavy fine if you dont store them in a very secure approved gun safe so they cant be stolen easily...people stealing guns from legal owners scares me.you should only have what you can be 100% responsible for 100% of the time.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
There shouldnt be a limit as much as a heavy fine if you dont store them in a very secure approved gun safe so they cant be stolen easily...people stealing guns from legal owners scares me.you should only have what you can be 100% responsible for 100% of the time.
Had a buddy whose $5000 dollar bolted into the concrete slab safe had the top cut off in about 30 minutes and $20000 dollars of guns stolen.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:19 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
i say yes.. let the arguing commence..

lets see, man buys 37 guns, thugs steal mans 37 guns, 37 thugs have mans 37 guns just saying

I like owning more than 100 firearms. lets make the feds only have 1-2 firearms in total. that way we can make sure they are not murdering our citizens like they have in the past.

at least they deballed Lon for his murders.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:

lets see, man buys 37 guns, thugs steal mans 37 guns, 37 thugs have mans 37 guns just saying
Please supply real data that says thugs stole 37 guns from "a man".

People can play the "what if" game all day.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:43 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, if I ever get killed by one of these gun loving nuts I'm sure it will only take one to do me in. The fact that they can own them for no reason other than they get some kind of a high from the power of taking another human life is reason enough to control them strictly.

IMO, a mental screening should be done and a real reason for needing the gun should be required.
"IMO, a mental screening should be done and a real reason for needing the gun should be required."

If that was the case you wouldn't be able to buy a gun if you wanted to based on some of your opinions like "The fact that they can own them for no reason other than they get some kind of a high from the power of taking another human life is reason enough to control them strictly".

Anybody who believes that is mentally deranged.

It is apparent you haven't a clue as to what you are talking about.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:43 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Default should there be a limit on how many...

Maybe there should be a limit on how many parents can work outside the home. And do away with day care centers and malls. Give parents the responsibility to rear their own kids.

Now that half the population has earned it entitlements there's no reason for both parents to work.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:46 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,788,402 times
Quote:

So you're saying that all of us that follow the rules will make things better because criminals who don't follow the rules will just suddenly follow these new laws you are proposing? You think criminals with numerous street bought guns will care about how many guns a law abiding citizen is allowed to own when they are breaking into someones' house or pulling a drive-by shooting?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies