Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you predict that federal laws pertaining to semi-automatic handgun ownership will become more str
Yes, but I'm personally opposed to new restrictions. 34 21.94%
Yes, and I'm personally in favor of new restrictions. 43 27.74%
No, I don't believe that new restrictions will be actually be enacted--I don't support gun control. 42 27.10%
No, and it's shameful that new restrictions won't be enacted--I'm in favor of more gun control. 36 23.23%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,853,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You would be free to cast and load your own, as long as your did not sell to others.
Thus rendering your idea completely and totally pointless. All the hassle with zero benefit.

A guy's willing to get a bunch of guns and kill a bunch of people, but casting his own bullets? Screw that, too much work!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
Interesting...The recent knife attack in China left 23 people INJURED. Not dead.

People can carry guns..as many as they want. But you better know where every one of them is at all times and be certain that they stay OUT OF THE HANDS of unstable family members, strangers, friends, etc.

This is where the problems lies. Guns are being used on the innocent.

I hardly ever read any stories where a person was armed and fought off an intruder and saved people. It's ususally the opposite..someone gets angry and kills a family member.
But the attack before it left 30 dead and 50 injured.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
I don't think anyone "needs" hundreds of rounds of handgun ammunition. As I have stated in previous posts, if left to me, you'd get one for each gun. However, I am not a gun person, so what I think doesn't really count. Committees that include members who are gun aficionados would convene and ultimately decide the answers to your questions.

You would be free to cast and load your own, as long as your did not sell to others.
And what about people that live out in the country dealing with 400lb wild hogs, coyotes, mountain lions, bears ? One bullet ?

Old 12-15-2012, 10:25 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brienzi View Post

Political correctness out of control, and catering to the Minority, not the Majority..and of course, god forbid someones "feeling" get hurt. It's ironic many of these killings happen at school's, perhaps we need to take a look at the current teaching system, and how that has CHANGED in the past 20 years. Are they not some of the most influential people on children.

I find this whole tragedy, just that, a tragedy and am sickened by it. But to say Ban guns and the problems will go away is utter nonsense.
Are you seriously trying to put the blame for school shootings on teachers??

Old 12-15-2012, 10:26 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,400,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And what about people that live out in the country dealing with 400lb wild hogs, coyotes, mountain lions, bears ? One bullet ?
Ritalin.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
No, not on a single group of people. Think. Societal changes is what they are referring to.
What goes on in schools is just a reflection of the changes society has brought on.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Thus rendering your idea completely and totally pointless. All the hassle with zero benefit.

A guy's willing to get a bunch of guns and kill a bunch of people, but casting his own bullets? Screw that, too much work!
I did a little searching around the 'net before posting that comment and from what I found, casting one's own bullets requires significant investment of self, time and money. I don't see legions of gun owners with the desire to make their own bullets. Also required is gunpowder, which can be put on a restricted access list and sold to individuals only through licensed ammunition distributors, where they can be tracked, right along with those who buy already made ammunition.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:42 AM

Quote:
No, not on a single group of people. Think. Societal changes is what they are referring to.
What goes on in schools is just a reflection of the changes society has brought on.
That's not what the OP said.

Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 AM

Quote:
You would use a hand gun to deal with a 400 lb wild hog? or a mountain lion? or a bear?

Old 12-15-2012, 10:50 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,218,885 times
Quote:
I'm saying something has seriously changed in our culture the past 20-30 years. Guns have been around for centuries.
And yes, schools in themselves are ground zero for influencing the behavior of young adults, something maybe to look at and as other posters have mentioned, the drugs many children are prescribed today for ocd, and other newly defined diagnosis.
And no, i am not that naive to suggest teachers are to blame, but perhaps what is being taught. IDK about you, but schools today are not what they where years ago and maybe there's a correlation.
At this point, what can be ruled out...you tell me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies