Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you predict that federal laws pertaining to semi-automatic handgun ownership will become more str
Yes, but I'm personally opposed to new restrictions. 34 21.94%
Yes, and I'm personally in favor of new restrictions. 43 27.74%
No, I don't believe that new restrictions will be actually be enacted--I don't support gun control. 42 27.10%
No, and it's shameful that new restrictions won't be enacted--I'm in favor of more gun control. 36 23.23%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 02:03 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,926,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Which is it? If it isn't a gun problem, then is it a problem with crass American "culture"? WTF is wrong with this country?
Some of our people are whacked!!! If it wasn't a gun, just what might the guy have used instead??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,946,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Which "well-regulated militia" are you a member of...?

More ignorance from the left.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,246,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldbliss View Post
I don't want gun control in America. I want gun ABOLISHMENT. The only way we can stop the sale of firearms and explosives to the general public is by outlaw the SALE, DISTRIBUTION, AND POSSESSION of firearms and explosives.

The only way to rid of ourselves of the gun homicides is by proposing a constitutional amendment that overturns the 2nd Amendment. This has to start at the local level and work its way up from there.

School massacres don't happen if homicidal A*Holes have access to firearms. It would be quite difficult to kill 27 people with a little knife or with your bare hands. But the NRA, the Tea Party people, and all of the backward-azz Neanderthals think that Guns=Freedom. Anyone on the receiving end of a bullet has his freedom taken away.

I am sure the families of the 18 dead kids really appreciate the shooter's 2nd Amendments rights were protected under the Constitution.
I just heard on TV that two of the guns used today were registered to the mother of the young man who shot himself. Now he didn't get them for himself when they were bought but like the one used in Oregon the other day were, in essence stolen.
I have always questioned whether I could shoot another human but I believe I could take my newly bought handgun and empty the whole 15 bullets in the magazine into this crud with no compunction, at all.

When will you be sending the black helicopters after my one gun? I ask because my son has a shot gun that I would like to have back in my house for them to be on the business end of.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:06 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,570,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
It wasn't a random killing.
Try again.
Also, one gun massacres in Scotland against countless ones in the USA?
Fail.

Japanese people play violent videogames.... and it's the world safest country.

How many massacre's in any country make it important to note? The point remains that gun laws do not restrain the nut case. Would that it could.

As for the Japanese, you have an entirely different culture (a changing one). People are raised to fit in, to obey rules, to respect others etc. That is not the case in Western culture and especially among US people where we worship at the altar of individuality and me first and my way or the highway.

Must you use "fail". I thought that was "so yesterday" besides being trite. And that is the difference between Japanese who would not seek to embarrass someone else and our culture which enjoys seeing someone else hammered, defeated, embarrassed etc.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 PM

490 posts, read 650,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
They've been brainwashed by the media and the government. Most are too dumb to realize that guns don't off people, but people (whether they have guns or not) off people.

Me, I see guns as protection against armed perpetrators.
I'm so sick of that damn phrase. People, WITH GUNS, killed those children today. Cram that down your brain. Guns are very efficient at killing humans and sadly today those people with guns killed kindergartners.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:07 PM

1,159 posts, read 1,837,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
What happened today is a result of a world moving away from God.
Hitler was a self proclaimed "God fearing" man.

The point is, why should the public have access to even a semi-automatic? That's what this lunatic today used.
Owning a rifle or a handgun, there is an argument for that. But the only thing that automatics and semi-automatics are used for is killing LOTS of people. Not protecting yourself from one intruder.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 PM

14,665 posts, read 14,624,550 times
I do think first-person shooter video games have desensitized a lot of people to shooting and violence in general, and I say this as a big fan of the Grand Theft Auto franchise. It's simulated, but for those who are socially isolated or otherwise messed up in the head, it can make a hazy line between fantasy & reality.

1,469 posts, read 1,800,509 times
Default Observation

Seems to me, that we Americans, love to take the "easy" way out and blame THINGS on a person's actions and behaviors. Today parents can't even chastise their children, spank them; there is no more reprecussions for one's actions in today's societies. Teachers can no longer spank a child but if they have sex with one, especially a female MEH it's ok. Oh another "massacre" we need more strict gun controls! These children these days grow up feeling privileged and entitled to whatever. The government and people who could care less of the a person's child has taken over the reigns of child-rearing and have tied the hands of former authority figures, and the first time that most of these children have someone tell them what to do or tell them no, is when they're talking to a police officer on the streets and then end up behind bars or 6 ft under. Of course back then, this country has had it's share of violence, and of course when you have people who think differently or someone having a dispute with another person, or a mentally unstable person, you are bound to have events such as these happen. But I believe it would minimize if we start back with teaching our children respect, life isn't fair and we can't have our way all of the time, walk away from altercation, and how to handle altercations, and also there will be consequences for your actions so think before you act; oh and do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

4,095 posts, read 5,542,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
So sick of hiding this issue behind an outdated Amendment. You go tell those parents about the 2nd Amendment, written when frickin muskets were the norm. Look one right in the eye!!! I'm sick of this crap.
Ditto!!

Old 12-14-2012, 02:09 PM

14,665 posts, read 14,624,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Hitler was a self proclaimed "God fearing" man.

The point is, why should the public have access to even a semi-automatic? That what this lunatic today used.
Owning a rifle or a handgun, there is an argument for that. But the only thing that automatics and semi-automatics are used for is killing LOTS of people. Not protecting yourself from one intruder.
It screws with their fantasy of one day overthrowing the US military when it inevitably comes to take their AK-47s away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies